Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naonical

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyowl View Post
(forgive me if this was mentioned in one of the many pages)

Doesn't anyone here know how business works?

Riot ups the prices based on demand. They have a popular game. Just because 500 people down vote something doesn't make any difference to the millions (don't quote me on this :P) of players.
I understand business and upping a price based on "demand" when there is no set limit to the amount of skins being sold like only 1k will be sold then they retire makes no sense.

It's not one person making the skin, it's a full team effort, so this means it's not like they are sweating blood putting a bit of effort into it.

The only skins that should be bumped in price are those of legendary quality, and I'm sorry but this Lulu skin isn't anywhere near that or even a legendary. Her colors are poor, her dragon's look is poor, and her animations just don't scream 1350.

I feel horrible for not picking up the lulu skins that recently went on sale because I really wanted to pick up Lulu's Dragon skin, but upon seeing the price and the terribly quality of the colors I am going to pass. Lulu should be childish and bright not look like she is starting to go emo on us with a dumbfounded dragon and mild colors.

I don't mind paying for skins that are actually worth 1350 or even 1850 but those skins have voice changes, new emotes, and even retire after some time. What people are enraged about is knowing that the skin isn't worth 1350 and it's being sold as such.

As far as "not caring" if people down vote them, if that's the case this is showing why Riot is taking a dive in customer service and upping their prices. ( Just like blizzard ) If they are a company that cares for their players and at the same time wants to keep raking in a ton of money, they might want to actually start listening to their playerbase that SUPPORTS them and PAYS their bills, because oh idk.... we fund them by buying their products. More happy people = more money

BeastBox

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para View Post
How is it overpaying when you are getting more quality than a 975 RP skin?
DTL compares reasonably well to most recent 975 RP skins. It is most definitely not higher quality, though. Certainly not on Mecha-Kha'Zix level.

h2odark

11-14-2012

ITT: people forgot how to be wise consumers.

If you don't like something, you don't buy it.
If something you need is being unfairly priced or taxed, you boycott it.

Stop flaming them, though. LoL is closer to its fanbase than any other game on the market. They please us just fine, otherwise we wouldn't still be playing it 3 years later.

NightmareAce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

bump

Krom

11-14-2012

That Darius skin is awful. It doesn't even make sense either... he looks like a fat Necron from WH40k.

Can't believe it replaced Norse King Darius (which I would've bought).

BrickWolf

11-14-2012

I like Darius' suit itself, but I hate the axe model. It's too damn square and unappealing.

Creature71

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

First the rental wards, then the insanely expensive summoner icons, and now an overpriced skin. This is a very steep curve Riot's been taking...

Zero Dark Thirty

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para View Post
How is it overpaying when you are getting more quality than a 975 RP skin?
Because new animations is something that should be bundled with a new skin anyways, it should have been part of the package from the beginning. They shouldn't charge about 50% more because "oh hey this time we decided to not half-ass it."

Ñin

11-14-2012

ugh no more 1350 skins please RIOT! my pockets hurt!

LordDeltaWolf

11-14-2012

I've always wondered, as Darius is my main, can rock golems bleed?