Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorg711

11-13-2012

I like the Dragon Trainer Lulu artwork.

I am not so keen on the actually Dragon Trainer Lulu skin though.

The colouring on the skin looks too drab for Lulu's childish personality.

The hair and hat colour meshes too much together. Too much brown colour in Lulu's hat. The hair needs to be light pink not a dark reddish colour.

Ngai Tahu

11-13-2012

Riot will not reply to us on this matter, they don't tend to bend at all when it comes to pricing, but it needs to be addressed Riot. Even TotalBiscuit has said your understanding of "micro-transaction" is incorrect. And he is very well studied in business marketing and such. The price for skins at 975 is already too high for a micro-transaction, 1350 is just intensifying the fact that Riot doesn't handle marketing very well and that's not encouraging as a customer. The price for themes, well we all know that is completely ridiculous, it's a damn investment at that price point. Riots MAJOR flaw right now is their understanding of their price plan, because at it's current state it is terrible. Sorry Riot, that's a fact. Please address this, as you ARE reading the comments, stop hiding when it comes to $$, we want answers.

Yummines

11-13-2012

i got super excited about the new lulu skin

but 1350? really? should have just made it legendary (new voices, animations, etc.) and made it 1850 (like what happened with Battlecast Cho'gath).

Riot really should just stick to 975 or 1850. PFE i understand (considering it even had a sale on its release date) but this is just starting to get ridiculous.

DeePok

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderscore13 View Post
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.
I think that I can speak for the community by saying that, despite all the downvotes, we all love the new skin and appreciate all the hard work you guys in the skin team put into it. Please don't let the community's outrage at the marketing department's priceing of your skin discourage you guys from making more awesome ones in the future.

Blinkmn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Selling skin is sucks. Some of the skin should be unlocked by special Achievement or something.

ChronoStar09

11-13-2012

i remembered you guys saying that your going to ramp up the effort on making new skins and making them as awesome as possible but with the same price...maybe next time we'll see normal skins with a price nearly the same price as legendary's because of some few good animations put into it..

iDevilX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Only if the DoT dmg on Darius was green as well

Spectre06

11-13-2012

Riot... I know you're seeing dollar signs with every price increase but your players are smart enough to put the brakes on buying digital swag at $10 a pop. Do a nice PFE legendary every once in a while but stop with the 1350 ****.

Baby Daisy

11-13-2012

why are you raising up the prices to skins soo much? it's not a legendary skin... so why are you making it worth more then it has to..? Honestly... just like everyone in the past few pages i read at the beginning... it's really expensive... ever think that some people dont have top model computers... particles dont mean much to them... -___- Everyone loves skins.. i admit i love skins I have dumped about 400 dollars worth on riot.. and most of all i have 51 skins atm...

but one thing im not keen on is these skins that are worth more than 975. Like the khazix skin. the ONLY khazix skin is 1350. I know you guys are working harder on making us better skins but that doesnt mean kill our pockets... (some people have to beg their parents to get money, work a restaurant and play league to relax. or some other scenarios) I love this game I really do.. and I enjoy buying the skins and will continue buying them.. but you guys are uping the prices on these skins... if you're going to do that might as well give us more Riot Points then what we get for our purchases.

Which basically wont change anything and we'll be back to square one. I support this company in the entertainment you give me.. but if you end up making all these new skins 1350 just because you added a few fancy particles. you're going to start losing a lot of peoples support on skins. AND MONEY YOU COULD HAVE HAD.

Im not saying i wont buy this skin... because i already set my mind on it...but for future references think more about the community and what can benefit us.

kjj92

11-13-2012

I didnt get wiked lulu when it was on sale because I know this skin is going to come out, now you give me this BS, great.