Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockemSockem84

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numot View Post
Are you guys high? Or are you just stupid?

Dragon Trainer Lulu is not normal skin quality, it is much closer to legendary. Not only did they redo Lulu like they did Arhi, Malph, and others but they also re did Pix, they did 2 champs really when you look at. Pix is not just there now, he actually does things like tuant and dance, they even gave him his own.

This skin should have been 1850, but it is 1350, which makes it a steal you cheap b*st*rd.

This is now a new section of skins called "Legendary Skins for Cheap B*st*rds."
This skin is not worth $10, sorry.

Penakoto

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderscore13 View Post
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.
I think your decision to make DT Lulu cost extra is completely ****ing stupid, just so you know.

TTTintillo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Darius look a little like a Warhammer Character.

PS: Lulu's skin is way too expensive.

crossXmaq

11-13-2012

Legendary?

D Lo 2 High

11-13-2012

Please Please Please Get rid of that Stupid cape that ruins Bioforge Darius......or change the color or something. I think a lot of people would be satisfied....

DaSuperMinion

11-13-2012

Yeah... if ya'll had not nerfed Lulu into being a one note champ then I'd be excited for her new skin... but as it is, you did nerf her into oblivion and she is a one note joke now only being viable as ap support... so thanks, but no thanks

Now let me know if you plan on reversing your mistake and rolling back at least part of the Lulu nerfs. (I admit she needed to be nerfed but ya'll did it too many times and too heavily)

Naonical

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numot View Post
Are you guys high? Or are you just stupid?

Dragon Trainer Lulu is not normal skin quality, it is much closer to legendary. Not only did they redo Lulu like they did Arhi, Malph, and others but they also re did Pix, they did 2 champs really when you look at. Pix is not just there now, he actually does things like tuant and dance, they even gave him his own.

This skin should have been 1850, but it is 1350, which makes it a steal you cheap b*st*rd.

This is now a new section of skins called "Legendary Skins for Cheap B*st*rds."
Stop embarassing yourself, the Ahri revamp was WAY better with her new skin and it's only 975 same as those other new champs you listed about with their skins.

This lulu is NOT 1350 quality or anywhere near it. I don't even find her to be 975 quality due to her colors being so dull. Pix being their reason for bumping this price up is a pathetic excuse and I bet the Dev now feels like he shot himself since people are not so stupid as to think heimer turrets, mao minions, and a few others were some special exception that never got remakes or special animations. Yet amazingly as I said those skins are 975 vs this Lulu.

If she was going to be priced at 1350 they might as well have made her a freaking legendary but they didn't. Long story short, riot wasted time on a skin few people are wanting to drop the money for because of the price.

Also found it funny that the Dev that was attempting to justify all of this has his Avatar set as one of Mao's minions from his halloween skin... being you know... Pix was a special exception to the minions and supposedly the first in some "amazing" improvements. He seems to have forgotten about the Hallow Mao minions...

Awesomepenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

so you can give lulu's skin a dragon but you cant make darius' skin have green effects? so dumb even after everyone on PBE wanted it. guess i wont be buying it.

BurnumMaster

11-13-2012

GG Riot! I loved the speech a couple months ago about Kha'zix being a rare exception. You think this overpriced skin is worth it? At least make the dragon look cool if you are trying to rip people off.

Tetroneaque

11-13-2012

It's funny how many people in just this thread said they wanted that Lulu skin but then went 'Screw that overpricing BS!' once they saw the price on it and now won't be buying it. Heck if it was just a normal 975 they'd have sold probably more than twice the amount they're selling now, thus making more overall. It's pretty obvious that Riot's marketting department just got greedy and decided to screw the customers over, same as they did with renting ward skins.