Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trinity R

11-13-2012

Quote:
theunderscore13:
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.

Hi there, What you said is all good and proper but i think you are missing the point and I think i can understand why your getting so many negative comments, it was until only recently that lulu was given an additional skin and darius, Now we just need everyone to have an excuse to use him don't we.

RIOT your neglecting your champs, I think that is one thing Dota has over you, They dont have this Multitude of champs, in which some are neglected, its all rather balanced, Now i bring this up because i want you to stop over extending yourself.

Balance the champs you have now rather then bringing out new ones then nerfing them or overly buffng them, time and time again i have made posts regarding things lik Garens Ult and Darius and how darius's out weighs and beats garens time and time again.

And also, When i say neglecting other champs, You have people like Trundle, Skarner, Karma, Orianna, Rumble, The list goes on, These champs have recieved extremely little in terms of skins and also these new visual revamps,

Let me explain my point of view, As a purchaser, I expect my goods to be of equal value of the equivalent that is being offered for the same or lesser price right? So if i buy a champ for 975 rp and someone else buys ANOTHER different champ for 975 why does that specific one warrant special skin treatment, I hope you can understand where I am coming from, I think this would be easier for folks like me if we had a list of the order you intended to improve your champions, so fans of these neglected champions are not left wondering if our money was wasted or not, I mean it is easy as a company like yourself to forget, but we did spend our money on said Items and ultimately we DONT own them, but I think there were more important things then another darius skin, and a lulu skin.

tl:dr Basically address the neglected champs, dont make us feel we wasted our money, and dont waste resources on NEW champs like darius when there are MANY others that need the treatment.

Sorry for wall of text, this was the last straw for me, as this new update also did bloody NOTHING, dissapointed, in RIOT at the moment, they talk such a big game, have more money than god and just skirt around their community, but basically dont deliver that much.

why Å¡o serious

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Ezreal Pulsefire skin 50% off pls

TOP10 ELO

11-13-2012

"This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment."

Malzahar is crying. Who really cares if a minion sized THING has some different animations?

Bellzelut

11-13-2012

I'm a main support and I'm trying to get skins on most of em but... 1350 RP... it's not even a legendary skin... I think I'll just stick with wicked Lulu thanks...

Shmanka

11-13-2012

Quote:
theunderscore13:
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.

Can't enjoy anything out of this overpriced product.

DexterMorganBHB

11-13-2012

Please don't turn into Blizzard riot...

Kanon06

11-13-2012

Oh me oh my, should i buy a 3rd skin for her?
its so well done D=

Oleoay

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Funny, I could've sworn Tibbers had a few makeovers not to mention Teemo's mushrooms and Heimer's turrets which both count as pets...

Autorevolver

11-13-2012

This is ridiculous. The way you have worded everything is making it seem as if the other skins you create for 975 or lower aren't "quality" or that you don't take much time with them. So now we have to pay more for something we are accustomed to receiving at a generally standard price because you guys "took your time" with it?

None of your customers really care how much effort was put into making it to be frank, a customer consumes and the details behind it generally don't concern them. They are interested in the end product with a price they are comfortable with. Using that as a reasoning for it's price is a really generic excuse and it doesn't seem as if many people are buying it (no pun intended.)

As far as I'm concerned, the same amount of "quality" should be in every new product you present to us customers and not placed here and there to charge people a larger price.

Coldfyrre

11-13-2012

I like the new lulu skin but the Darius one is just bad and you should feel bad.

And riot, drop the new 1350 rp bracket, your massive grin of greed is beginning to show.