Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LazyBub

11-13-2012

1350 rp >.>

Strident

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largescuba View Post
I'll tell you what, I'll buy the new Lulu skin when you fix my Magnificent Twisted Fate skin to make it actually legendary. And spare me the bullcrap about it being a legacy skin now, thanks.
I'll tell you what, I'll buy the new iPad 4 when you upgrade my iPhone 2 to the iPhone 5.

That's what you sound like to me.

Swanhaven

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEGITIVITY View Post
I'll tell you what, I'll buy the new iPad 4 when you upgrade my iPhone 2 to the iPhone 5.

That's what you sound like to me.
Do you know who ELSE charges way too much for their products? That's right....

Slimm Shaney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

LOL
everyones like oh 1350 new price for skins, DONT BUY IT! its simple...

Jygallag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

So Darius lets a second skin and Lulu a legendary one before Varus gets his promised (soon) second skin. I am disapoint.

Mooninites

11-13-2012

Do you take us for idiots riot?

Jaghatai

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathLOL View Post
First PFE, now Dragon Trainer Lulu... How high are skin prices going to go?
While I tend to agree DTLulu isn't worth the price - PFE is not a good example to bolster your argument here.

PFE was/is unlike anything else in the game and the amount of research and work that went into that skin alone has unlocked doors for the increase in quality of skins since.

Kha'zix & MechaKha'zix for example is probably a direct result of the work done to make PFE possible.

I personally would like to see some more PFE level theme/skins come out. One for Mord maybe <_< or Jayce >_> ...

/shrug/

Mighty Geo

11-13-2012

I actually like a lot that Darius skin, sad i wont be able to buy it any soon, may be next year

Wheeind

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderscore13 View Post
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.
It's sad that people are down-voting this. The team that made the skin did a good job on it and he's clearly proud of his part in it. Don't criticize him and the team that made it, the only thing wrong is the price. It's perfectly in line with the other recent high-quality 975 skins and I think the tone here would be very, very different if it wasn't for this pricing silliness we're trying to find an answer to.

Mudflap

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rustling View Post
Hey man, I'd just like to point out that people aren't downvoting the hard work you put in, you did an amazing job. We appreciate the fantastic animations and whatnot, but we're very unhappy with the pricing. Not you, the pricing.
Absolutely this, Riot's artists are top notch and I know they work very hard, thank you for all your efforts and beautiful art!

As for the dragon being used as justification for a higher price... I'm going to have to agree with the others.