Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoltan the Mad

11-13-2012

Maybe i'm cheap, but I think Champions and Skins in this game are overpriced. I have purchased a couple that I like but I would buy more if they weren't so much. They should lower prices and make money from volume of sales vs fewer sales with high prices.

NeonNephilim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Yeah, not buying lulu skin now.

I'd rather just have pix be a dragon without new animations to him. same goes for new taunts and jokes...dont care about them, since barely ever use them. they're just a bonus.

Also the difference between a legendary skin and normal skin is dumb now. look at blackthorn morgana 975 and look at lulu...

ChrisCTX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Norse King Darius WHERe?

Viro Melchior

11-13-2012

While I appreciate the "better" skins being put out, at the same time, I miss the cheap ones being available. Yes, recolors are boring. But simply by having them exist makes the other skins more valuable. If I'm going to spend over $10 on a skin, I want it to be awesome. This Lulu just doesn't quite make that cut. Its cool. Its got some quality work. But it doesn't make me go "awesome".

Compare to Zombie Brand, Gentleman Cho'Gath, Pulse-Fire Ezrael, and Lion-Dance Kog'Maw.
Brand is a bit underwhelming for effects (just green fire), but there are little things all over that make it cool. Plus, zombie.
Cho'Gath (Gentleman), as one of the first legends, is underwhelming for effects, but has entirely new audios, and some serious humor factor.
Pulse-Fire Ezrael, if you got him on sale, is totally awesome. I'd never get it now though, when I can get 2 other legendaries though.
Kog'Maw is almost the perfect example of a legendary skin. Amazing work with the attacks and audio, and a cool theme.

Lulu gets a cool theme, but only 50% of what a legendary skin should be. I can see the rationale behind "halfway to legendary" in the cost (vs a 975 skin), but from a player perspective it just doesn't work that way. Its a mediocre skin, with a cool theme, and big work done on half the model. Just doesn't go all the way, and should have been priced at 975.

Hydrix Zezenna

11-13-2012

If they made the skin legendary people wouldn't complain about it's price.. XD I wonder if it is, I'll have to hop on to check.

That being said, I'll stick to skins I can get with ten dollars thank you.

Zachatk

11-13-2012

I really like the work put into the skins, and could see 1350 skins on several champions without complaint; champions whose design have room for a lot of extra work in skins: Udyr, Jayce, Nid, Elise, maybe even Nunu, and Sejuani. I do not however, want to see 1350 become the new norm for skins (and I do not expcet to). While I may not be a fan of the Darius Skins, it is clearly well beyond many other 950 skins in quality. Keep pushing for excellence and keep up the good work.

*If I had any complaints (and I do), its the color of Lulu's skin. It looks fine in the splash, but I really dislike her face in-game.

Locke Cole

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEsoteric View Post
i guess the extra animation warrants 1350, i just don't want this to be a trend :/
This says it all.

NeonNephilim

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrix Zezenna View Post
If they made the skin legendary people wouldn't complain about it's price.. XD I wonder if it is, I'll have to hop on to check.

That being said, I'll stick to skins I can get with ten dollars thank you.

It's not legendary. Even if it was, I still wouldnt buy it. I've never bought legendary skin.

Resolution

11-13-2012

Was going to buy the lulu skin too, not supporting it if this is going to be the new price for skins.

Samich4ME

11-13-2012

Little expensive this 1350..... Sorry riot but I think the money is getting to your head.