Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyberSaint

11-13-2012

Omgggg so so so disapointed of this skinss i was waiting for extreme skin for darius =(

even this one are better: http://lol.gameguyz.com/sites/defaul...20Darius-1.jpg

Even i was waiting for this one: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3xI_BSZfkV...600/darius.png

but this skin really looks like singed Darius as teammates said.

Hope u Guys could reconsiderate this and change it o.o.

I Will insta buy RP for one of this 2 skins....
Cheerrs.

W1SHBL4DE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

The only way were going to stop this ridiculous rise in skin prices is if we as a community stop buying skins, even the ones that are on sale...
I for one will not be buying skins anymore. At least not anytime soon.

Fluew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Oh come on now, Volibear has been out for a year now and no new skin.

Wheeind

11-13-2012

I think Mecha Kha'Zix being 1350 was fair but I'm not convinced on DT Lulu.

It's definitely cool, definitely a step above her other skins(and I own both) but I don't get the same "Yeah, I can see why it has that price" feeling I had with Kha'Zix. Mecha Kha'Zix was in a unique place where everything was right - it wasn't quite worthy of legendary status but nothing could really be done about that without taking it too far. It's quality/changes were perfect for the theme and it was and it was clearly somewhere between a normal and legendary skin.

However with Dragon Tamer Lulu I feel like the price tag is just there because it happens to be a cool skin. Pool Party Ziggs, Astronautilus, Full Metal Rammus, Arcade Sona, ect. were all similar in quality to DT Lulu yet she's priced higher.

That worries me, Bioforge Darius is clearly below the quality of all of the other recent 975 skins I mentioned yet he is 975 too. I accept that 520 skins probably aren't being released but I don't want to see 975 become the new 520.

I'm happy that the quality of normal skins is continuing to rise, I just don't want the price to rise with them when it doesn't need to. If you guys feel like it does need to rise talk to us, explain why DT Lulu is worth so much more than the other recent high-quality skins?

P.S. I'm not against legendary skins at all and I would love to see more released, I just don't want skins that aren't even close to legendary quality like DT Lulu to adopt this new pseudo-legendary price.

The people who made DT Lulu did a good job, the people who priced it did not.

Shylocke

11-13-2012

It's hilarious how all these kids with no money are crying about the extra 375 rp for this really good skin. The price translates from the degree of work they are doing in making the skin, and it's of a higher standard than the 975 skins, yet not as much as a legendary. Sorry that you kids can't afford to buy your $3 bag of m&m's in buying this lulu skin. but those of us that actually have money don't really give a **** about this new price. And to go ahead and assume that they'll make this a standard price for all skins is preposterous.
975 -> 1350 is NOTHING. cheap little pricks.

BeastBox

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiT0 View Post
astronautlis looks better than lulu and its 975rp.
Never mind Astronautilus; look at Arcade Sona. I would say that took more work, too.

The funny thing is, I don't like the new Pix because he's too big. Now in retrospect I'm thinking you made him larger on purpose so we would all notice that you redid him, so you can point at it and go, "Worth more RP!" Even though you had to redo him anyway .... like every other Lulu skin.

I'm just harping at this point; I already told you that you lost my sale, and that's all that matters. You also lost my Zed purchase, since I was going to buy RP for both and now there's no point (I only have 200 RP right now). Guess I'll get him with IP ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylocke View Post
975 -> 1350 is NOTHING. cheap little pricks.
The thing is, 975 RP for a skin is already non-trivial. Increasing that by almost 50% breaks the deal pretty soundly. This isn't Mecha-Kha'Zix quality, or even Arcade Sona.

Masochist

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeind View Post
I think Mecha Kha'Zix being 1350 was fair but I'm not convinced on DT Lulu.

It's definitely cool, definitely a step above her other skins(and I own both) but I think 975 is the highest a non-legendary skin should go excluding unique cases like Mecha Kha'Zix. Mecha Kha'Zix was in a unique place where everything was right - it wasn't quite worthy of legendary status but nothing could really be done about that without taking it too far. It's quality/changes were perfect for the theme and it was and it was clearly somewhere between a normal and legendary skin.

However with Dragon Tamer Lulu I feel like the price tag is just there because it happens to be a cool skin. Pool Party Ziggs, Astronautilus, Full Metal Rammus, Arcade Sona, ect. were all similar in quality to DT Lulu yet she's priced higher.

That worries me, Bioforge Darius is clearly below the quality of all of the other recent 975 skins I mentioned yet he is 975 too. I accept that 520 skins probably aren't being released but I don't want to see 975 become the new 520.

I'm happy that the quality of normal skins is continuing to rise, I just don't want the price to rise with them when it doesn't need to.

P.S. I'm not against legendary skins at all and I would love to see more released, I just don't want skins that aren't even close to legendary quality like DT Lulu to adopt this new pseudo-legendary price.
After watching the video, it only reaffirmed my opinion. Pix's animations aren't changed all that much, aside from being turned into a dragon. Her spell animations aren't that different, her voice is the same, she has no new jokes - no nothing aside from Pix turning into a dragon.

Ogmius

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderscore13 View Post
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time weve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.
not buying the skin anyway

KG Sinister

11-13-2012

these skins are complete trash. Dragon master lulu where in Summoners Rift is Dragon Master Swain. Priorities are all fked up.

Zeirnaton

11-13-2012

I personally like the darius skin(I will be buying it) but aside from the small pet dragon everything else just looks to plain to warrant a 1350 price