Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyliaL

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
That's fine, totally understandable. But they'd better make sure they're aware of how many sales they just lost ...
i agree with you 100%. i just hope they are aware.

Xpyder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blightseer View Post
Dragon Trainer Lulu
Thoughts: Ok, another skin, not a fan of Pixar movies, whatever

Bioforge Darius
Thoughts: ANOTHER Darius skin? Are you kidding me? how USELESS. Can you please focus on champions who don't have any skins?

Where the hell are my Varus Skins, Elise, Rengar, only having 2 skins is ANNOYING. If your going to release a champion i better have atleast 4 skins to pick from.

Dissapointing at best. I expected better riot.
Varus skin is coming, Elise and Rengar just came out, and Darius only had 2 skins as well, what the hell was that comment about?

Koros88

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blightseer View Post
Dragon Trainer Lulu
Thoughts: Ok, another skin, not a fan of Pixar movies, whatever

Bioforge Darius
Thoughts: ANOTHER Darius skin? Are you kidding me? how USELESS. Can you please focus on champions who don't have any skins?

Where the hell are my Varus Skins, Elise, Rengar, only having 2 skins is ANNOYING. If your going to release a champion i better have atleast 4 skins to pick from.

Dissapointing at best. I expected better riot.
Another Darius Skin? he only has one. Sure Norse King is in production but we have no idea when or if he will ever come out.

Frakenbourrough

11-13-2012

Too many people ended up buying Mecha Kha'Zix I see.

Militant GDI

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderscore13 View Post
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.
This skin is awesome, I've been meaning to learn Lulu and this might cause me to actually do it, good job and thanks.

I would also like to point out the juxtaposition between the two skins here.

One of them is clever, entertaining, and really inspired.

The other would have appealed to me when I was 15.

Riot, please note that it's the characters of Annie, Teemo, Blitzcrank, Lulu, Draven and others that make me like the League of Legends world, and not those of Darius and other "dark badass" types.

Champion personalities are best when they don't take themselves too seriously (while there should be a few of those, emphasis on the few)

Masochist

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbital Nuke View Post
Hey guys you can downvote me into oblivion, but this new skin pricing of 1350 is the result of inflation produced from quantitative easing.

Riot, Just like every other company has to survive during these tight economic times. They think that they can make more money from increased price over lost sales.
I guarantee you Riot is by no means in any sort of economic trouble. They have a product that they do not need to manufacture or ship. They can create one of said product and sell it to millions. It's a racket.

A racket I'm surprised people didn't tap into this well before.

pikachu8090

11-13-2012

lulu and darius skins but no volibear skin.... I LIKE MY BEAR

Chakun42

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZG Million View Post
That's not Norse King Darius. :/
Norse King Darius looks awesome! Way better than whatever that junky Darius skin they're trying to sell.

Formless

11-13-2012

Holy **** well done riot

Karn Bishop

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderscore13 View Post
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.

Sorry, i don't play champions that use mentally damaged dragons as assistants, that never ends well. Plus that price, no i like her original skins far better.