black screen while recording using camstudio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xalandria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2011

im using camstudio to record my LoL games but when i go to watch the video its just a black screen

it shows everything but when i open LoL im thinking there may be something stopping it from working
but i tried LoL and LoLreplay and neither worked
like i can hear my voice and see my background and the LoL screen till it goes full screen then it just goes to that black screen till the game ends and it leaves fullscreen mode

Sebhek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-25-2011

Same problem here...Can anyone actually use this program to record LoL?

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

07-25-2011

You may need to play the game in Windowed Mode to have it properly record. I don't used CamStudio, but I do use XSplit which requires Windowed Mode to record League of Legends without issues.

Logan Richardson

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchman Golin View Post
You may need to play the game in Windowed Mode to have it properly record. I don't used CamStudio, but I do use XSplit which requires Windowed Mode to record League of Legends without issues.
Yes this works for anyone in the future attempting to try it. Windowed mode = no black screen. thank you