Ganknam Nunu Style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorsia

11-14-2012

id go more like boots, philosopher's stone then aegis. then get either upgrade to shurelyas or work on frozen heart. roa is kinda pricey for a jungler imo

texasone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

One of my all time favorite builds for nunu was all kinds of attack speed to enhance his passive no mana needed! This gives him massive sustain because he can eat at least one out of each wave of minions without much mana draining at all!

Gutter Runner

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasone1 View Post
One of my all time favorite builds for nunu was all kinds of attack speed to enhance his passive no mana needed! This gives him massive sustain because he can eat at least one out of each wave of minions without much mana draining at all!
Really? No joke? I'm curious, could you give us any example of this build? Thanks

Dorsia - it's sad about RoA, cause I love this item. So no chance to AP Tanky jungle Nunu?

Shijimah

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter Runner View Post
Hi all!
I just created a build for Jungle Nunu and want to share with you, for constructive feedback. This build is for Nunu who will be ganking and counterjungling all day long. You know, crazy roamer.

Start with Sapphire Crystal and pots. Then boots + Catalyst. Next step is Mejaji's and finish Rod of Ages and Boots of Mobility. Last core item is Guardian's Angel.

This is core build. It this time game may be already finished. But if not I will try to go Banshie's Veil / Rabadon's Hat / other situational item.

So folks, what do you think? Is this build can be good enough for ganknam style Nunu?

Thanks!
This build...sucks - no offense
It's too expensive for the jungler.
I like the title though

OriginalJack

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasone1 View Post
I find that I rarely run out of mana if I'm using my W to increase my attack speed. Just make sure you always use your E as your free spell since it eats up mana the fastest. You don't really need any additional attack speed since they buffed his passive.

edit - actually lemmie just post my Nunu build:

runes: attack speed reds, movespeed quints, armor yellows, MR blues
masteries: 9/21/0

start boots + ward + pot
philo and HoG
boots 2 (usually get merc treads but CDR boots are ok too)
rylai's (I realize this is an expensive item for a jungler but it turns your slow into almost a snare and it makes you more tanky)
finish off with upgrading to reverie, upgrading to randuin's and banshee's veil

NightmareAce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

bump

Gutter Runner

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
I find that I rarely run out of mana if I'm using my W to increase my attack speed. Just make sure you always use your E as your free spell since it eats up mana the fastest. You don't really need any additional attack speed since they buffed his passive.

edit - actually lemmie just post my Nunu build:

runes: attack speed reds, movespeed quints, armor yellows, MR blues
masteries: 9/21/0

start boots + ward + pot
philo and HoG
boots 2 (usually get merc treads but CDR boots are ok too)
rylai's (I realize this is an expensive item for a jungler but it turns your slow into almost a snare and it makes you more tanky)
finish off with upgrading to reverie, upgrading to randuin's and banshee's veil

Banshiee's last? I thought that it's one of the most important item for Nunu. But it looks nice, Relai's is really good idea for ganknam style. Thanks!

OriginalJack

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter Runner View Post
Banshiee's last? I thought that it's one of the most important item for Nunu. But it looks nice, Relai's is really good idea for ganknam style. Thanks!
I put "upgrading to reverie, upgrading to randuin's and banshee's veil" all on the same line becaus which order you get them in is going to depend on how the game is going. Maybe I should have been a little clearer there. If you don't really need MR but there is a lot of AD coming at you then you shouldn't get BV right away even though the passive is pretty great for Nunu.

The Lord Kirby

11-15-2012

Nunu is a support/tank in the jungle. Not an AP tank. If you are building Nunu to maximize his snowball and ult damage you're doing it wrong. His snowball is meant to be a debuff on the opposing carry, not a burst. And his ult is essentially a taunt, where with just base damage, punishes the opposing team for ignoring you. Not to mention its slow and atk spd debuff. Build him pure tank so when you ult and they focus you, you don't get blown up. And the longer you stay alive and snowball their ADC and blood boil yours. The better. You shouldnt be aiming for kills :)

Gutter Runner

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanghammer View Post
Nunu is a support/tank in the jungle. Not an AP tank. If you are building Nunu to maximize his snowball and ult damage you're doing it wrong. His snowball is meant to be a debuff on the opposing carry, not a burst. And his ult is essentially a taunt, where with just base damage, punishes the opposing team for ignoring you. Not to mention its slow and atk spd debuff. Build him pure tank so when you ult and they focus you, you don't get blown up. And the longer you stay alive and snowball their ADC and blood boil yours. The better. You shouldnt be aiming for kills
So should I focus on CDR and tankynes? Like Boots of Mobility, Philo stone, Heart of Gold, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart, Shurelya, Randuin?