Leona Support Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merxamers

11-12-2012

I just started playing as support leona (and have been having a BLAST 8D), but i've been wondering about the usual build people do. Assuming i build 3 of the 4 primary tank items (aegis, frozen heart, locket of the solari, shurelyias) is building a Sheen ==> Lichbane a viable option if i find myself needing to do a little damage, or is it always better to build that fourth item?

also, nearly every guide i've seen recommends gp10 Quints. however, those quints combined will only give you 3 gp10, which would add up to 180 gold after 10 minutes (only enough for 2 wards), and 540 gold after 30 minutes (an average game length). Is this really more effective than going for movement speed/health/AP quints?

any thoughts would be appreciated

Rezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merxamers View Post
I just started playing as support leona (and have been having a BLAST 8D), but i've been wondering about the usual build people do. Assuming i build 3 of the 4 primary tank items (aegis, frozen heart, locket of the solari, shurelyias) is building a Sheen ==> Lichbane a viable option if i find myself needing to do a little damage, or is it always better to build that fourth item?

also, nearly every guide i've seen recommends gp10 Quints. however, those quints combined will only give you 3 gp10, which would add up to 180 gold after 10 minutes (only enough for 2 wards), and 540 gold after 30 minutes (an average game length). Is this really more effective than going for movement speed/health/AP quints?

any thoughts would be appreciated
I can feel the lack of extra gold when I switch yes. I've tried that before going MS runes and going deeper into defense tree for the extra movement speed. It has its moments of amusement I will admit to that but when things arent going so hot I definitely feel the missing gold.

I wouldnt do lichbane, my objective with Leona is never about damage its about going in like I own the place. To me its the most amusing support for teamfights in the game.

Merxamers

11-12-2012

so, you'd recommend the full tank build and just rely on her CC then? worth thinking about 8)

Rezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

thats how I do it, u picking up the philo and hog right?

OriginalJack

11-12-2012

Runes:
GP quints
MR blues
GP yellows
AR reds

Masteries:
0/21/9

I usually don't build aegis on her. It is a great item but she needs to be a little bit tankier because she's going to be in the front lines. I usually go:
philo
boots 1
HoG
boots 2 (90% of the time it's mercs)
sunfire cape
zeke's (if there are 2 or more auto attacking champs on your team otherwise just skip it)
reverie
randuin's (if they have a lot of auto attacking champs if not get locket instead)
if they have a lot of AP dmg i will sometimes build a FoN but honestly most games end before it gets to that point.

Merxamers

11-12-2012

i was wondering whther sunfire cape was viable or not. Yes, i do always build philo and HoG 8)

thanks for the advice

Amatzikahni

11-12-2012

It depends on your Elo. In higher games, one of the only viable builds is Philo HoG boots2 and situationally build Kage's, Zeke's, FH, Aegis, Shurel, and Rand/Locket while keeping an Oracle up on your team and plenty of wards at all times. You'll never have enough gold to get very far; the most I've ever gotten was 5 completions in a ~55 minute game just because there were constant teamfights that were ending evenly and I was grabbing assists like crazy.

Broodlord03

11-12-2012

She's my most played champ in ranked. I run Armor Reds, Yellows, MR/lvl blues and GP quints.

0/21/9 With the 9th pt in ward vision.

Start 3 wards, FCharm and health pots.

Basically you want to get philosopher stone, then boots. After that is situational. I like HoG next, then boots 2. You will need cost efficient pieces, like a giants belt, Negatron or Chain Mail mid game, because you should be buying wards nonstop.

Once you hit w/e/ult to initiate, you have basically the duration of your w to shield bash, leap, maybe shield bash again and ult. Cost efficient items, like those mentioned will help in the mid game to keep you alive to get the very vital assists you need to complete your build.

Keyi3oardCowi3oy

11-12-2012

Leona is my #1 Support I play and I play her rather differently.

Masteries I run 0/4/26 reason for that I like more utility and with here W I have a Armo/MR Steroid.
Runes:
9 x Flat Armor Marks
9 x Flat Armor Seals
5 x Flat MR Glyphs and 4x MR/lvl
3 x Gp5 Quints.

Starting Items I go with Meki Pendant, Ward and Health pot.
On my first trip back I build Tear of the Goddess and buy Boots.
Second trip Heart of Gold and start working to finish boots (majority of the time Merc Treads)
I then Finish Manamune and then Randuin's Omen.

My core is Manamune, MT/NT boots, Randuin's Omen and then build depending on opponenants team comp.

OriginalJack

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyi3oardCowi3oy View Post
Leona is my #1 Support I play and I play her rather differently.

Masteries I run 0/4/26 reason for that I like more utility and with here W I have a Armo/MR Steroid.
Runes:
9 x Flat Armor Marks
9 x Flat Armor Seals
5 x Flat MR Glyphs and 4x MR/lvl
3 x Gp5 Quints.

Starting Items I go with Meki Pendant, Ward and Health pot.
On my first trip back I build Tear of the Goddess and buy Boots.
Second trip Heart of Gold and start working to finish boots (majority of the time Merc Treads)
I then Finish Manamune and then Randuin's Omen.

My core is Manamune, MT/NT boots, Randuin's Omen and then build depending on opponenants team comp.
Manamune... nah I don't like it on her at all, it will take too long for her to charge and doesn't help your overall goal of being tanky. Leave the fancy manamune builds for Urgot and Yorick.