Revive is pro on Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

terranlord

11-14-2012

Like the title says, Revive is pro on Shen. I am not sure why so many people trip offline the second anyone picks revive. Kinda silly if you ask me. It is a very legit spell and especially when used at crucial times with characters like Shen. I jungle or support as Shen when i play him, and once the team fights start happening revive is by far what makes or breaks them a lot of the time and here is why

As long as you make sure to walk into the first team fight then you can all out tank as much as humanly possible, even to death if needed. Then just revive and ult back into the fight with increased hp and move speed. It turns a 5v5 team fight into a 6v5 in your favor, and if shen isnt hard enough to kill the first time around, his second life he has extra hp. You really cant beat it.

Other options like flash or ignite seem so futile when you are sacrificing 2 lives in 1 fight.

first time Vayne

11-14-2012

Revive is pro on anyone if used correctly.

Oh, they just killed your tank? Sorry, not quite. Shen ult in... Here comes Mundo! OMG we just killed that Singed.

Your AD carry just got burst down? You have no damage? Don't worry -- he'll be right back.

Anivia stunned everyone twice....got killed....revived with egg....stunned them all again and emptied her mana pool ulting on us....and got killed again.... But now she's back, and with a free mana refill mid-fight!

And they finally took down your invincible, fed Jax? hahaha Just wait.

And let's not talk about that Guardian Angeled Irelia... O.O

--> Full Teleport/Revive team = 10v5.

gg

first time Vayne

11-14-2012

Everyone run Revive and Teleport, get Guardian Angel, and play Zilean support. trololol

Sonicdahedgie

11-14-2012

Yeah, it CAN be useful. But you're talking about the absolute perfect scenarios which happen maybe once in a blue moon. You can use any other summoners spell multiple times in the time it takes for revive to cool down, and you'll ge tmuch more consistent results in.

Most of the situations you've given could just as easily end in, "OH man! You died! But with a quick press of revive, you can now be the ONLY PERSON alive to fend off the enemy team!"

SpiffmeisterZ

11-15-2012

I have seen revive/tele karthus troll his way to victory. face charge into enemy team, drop a ward, die dealing crazy aoe, lay down ulti, revive and tele into ward

there was so much ??? and profit going on nobody knew what to do

blazerboy

11-15-2012

Honestly, so far as I've seen, it only ever works with global ults (Shen, Karthus, Pantheon to an extent) because they're the only ones that really have a chance to reach the team-fight after respawning. Sure you'll get those fights that are drawn out poke wars, and sure you'll get ones in your base, but the majority are around mid and they're over really fast, before even revive can get you up and out back to the fight

Gutter Runner

11-15-2012

I tried this and love the idea, but our revive and tele games (I was Shen) wasn't as great as I thought... This strategy needs practice

Atoxa

11-15-2012

I played as kat with a yorick, a kayle, and a zilean on my team.

QUADRA KILL.

Best Furry NA

11-15-2012

This could work in normals, but in higher ranked play...

This means they are focusing you until you die. Meaning that you die before someone dealing more damage than a tank. Which means you should have won anyhow.

ChiSqrd

11-15-2012

If they focus Shen and you die first then you are going to win anyways because it means your opponents are retarded.