Why does it matter if the community is divided?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HanSoloQueue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha137 View Post
Would it be possible to use the old twisted treeline as a custom map? Those that want to play it recreationally could do so, but it wouldn't have to be given specific, consistent attention in terms of balance (similar to the proving grounds).
I think this is a great stopgap, and should be done immediately.

zlefin

11-14-2012

i find the waiting times to be low enough to support old and new TT; current wait times for me are a minute or less, so split would sitll be 2-ish minutes, quite tolerable.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

atm I wait up to 15 minutes for a game

Please don't make me wait 30

BlazzedTroll

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Right. It's queue times and community support. We have a fundamental issue with not supporting a piece of the game; and while we know there's a lot of frustrated players wanting the old map for its gameplay, the preferred solution would be to NOT bring back the old map, but to address those issues on the new one.
Or maybe bring back the old one and address the issues it had. Rather than just an overturn on the whole thing that not many people actually like. I dont understand you just remaking a whole new map and telling the community to deal with it. If you are putting so much effort in to making this one work? why not just fix the old one.. ?

zohan219038

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Onions View Post
Then get rid of all the alters, bring back wards and gives us our map back that we loved how hard is it to do that? you guys made some good changes but for the majority went way overboard and screwed up big time. So whats stoping you from correcting your mistakes... too much pride? dont want to aknowledge that you could of made a mistake?
Agree.

DBZeke

11-14-2012

Quote:
Right. It's queue times and community support. We have a fundamental issue with not supporting a piece of the game; and while we know there's a lot of frustrated players wanting the old map for its gameplay, the preferred solution would be to NOT bring back the old map, but to address those issues on the new one.
I'm sorry, but that is a horrible reason. People don't like the new map because its not classic/normal game mode. Its to much like Dominion. You can't fix whats not broken, there is nothing that wrong with the new map, but its not the old one that we know and love. Its like if your dog was stolen, the solution wouldn't be to go out and get a new one, because its not your old dog. Also you're dividing TT players from summoners rift players by taking items away an giving new ones, If you want to do that make is a Dominion map, and keep the old one. I'm 90% sure that most people don't care about people turtling, because if there good enough players they can still win. About the going through walls just fix it so they can't, not that hard. Thank you

DBZeke

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Onions View Post
Then get rid of all the alters, bring back wards and gives us our map back that we loved how hard is it to do that? you guys made some good changes but for the majority went way overboard and screwed up big time. So whats stoping you from correcting your mistakes... too much pride? dont want to aknowledge that you could of made a mistake?
lol i 100% agree

KabalWins

11-15-2012

Quote:
The community mostly supports having both maps so this has nothing to do with community support, issues on the new map should be addressed but bringing back the old map at least in customs would be beneficial for the community. My play time has dropped tremendously, you can't expect que times to be shorter now when people like me would rather not play at all. The solution isn't to put an replacement map out there and have us like it or quit, especially when the community has agreed that there is no problem with having both maps. This is an easy fix, I don't really understand the willingness to banish so many customers for preferring the old map.

NiGHTS Noob

11-15-2012

Quote:
That explains why queue times get longer on 3v3 every time I go back to try it.

Oh, wait, no. It means that people who would rather play the old 3v3 don't even play then new one, so it's pointless to make that argument because the playerbase is already split, only half of it is pissed off.

I don't even play 3v3 that much, I'm just pissed you have the gall to think this is a good idea. Because you know, every other multiplayer game in existence only has one map for each game type, oh, no, that's just fighting games, and their 1v1 entirely skill based nature and 30 second matches is what makes multiple maps beyond backgrounds a bad idea.

Najib

10-08-2013

you could at least put the old map into the customs list like you did with the Winter and summer SR that would solve all the issues alot faster since the community is already divided from this new map