Champion Spotlight: Zed, the Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faytes

11-12-2012

Zed just looks like a tool, highly disappointed with this champ.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr0n View Post
The reason that those should be aloud to get away with that is the fact that they have no real escape tools. i mean sure irelia with her stun/slow but when you are getting focused as a pure "assassin" you arent going to survive that. So at least some assassins should be able to go the bruiser route without too much complaint. as for zed with his amazing escape tool kit we have yet to see for ourselfs
Being allowed to assassinate high-priority targets while building like a bruiser isn't a good thing. Plenty of assassins have skills that let them escape, and others have kits that really don't. Talon, for instance, only has one method to escape from combat and that's almost always better used as an offensive tool to kill your intended target. Kha'zix really can't escape either unless he manages to get a kill/assist and has evolved his Leap (evolved Ultimate isn't going to get him away unless there's plenty of brush to juke through as the duration is far too short). Irelia and Rengar have a kit designed around assassination, but they have aspects that allow them to stay in after the ranged carry is obliterated (by them, no less) due to healing mechanics and in Rengar's case, free armor. Even if they do have to escape, Irelia has a stun and Rengar can use his leap to get away fairly easily.

I've played Zed on the PBE. The only time you're escaping from an assassination in a teamfight is if the enemy doesn't target you, or you don't cast your shadow until you're trying to run, which sacrifices your damage potential and means you won't be doing your job.

ColdMinded

11-12-2012

This champion looks like he's gonna be just a tad bit OP when he first comes out. I smell an early nerf on him. Nontheless seems like a champion a lot of people are gonna want to play. And will most likely easily own with. Ulti definitely looks amazing, one of the best ones Ive seen by far. Good work Riot !

Durendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Season 3 preseason changes: making wraiths worth less so the mid laners don't get as much of an advantage of it.

Then they literally suggest a good way to do so if you go mid with him/pass by the camp.

To be fair, it will still be worth it in some instances even if the camp was only worth 10 gold, but still, odd little disparity there

SculptorOvFlesh

11-12-2012

da **** is over lord's blood mail?

KJTB

11-12-2012

Looks awesome, shame i don't have enough IP

HadesStreet

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdMinded View Post
This champion looks like he's gonna be just a tad bit OP when he first comes out. I smell an early nerf on him. Nontheless seems like a champion a lot of people are gonna want to play. And will most likely easily own with. Ulti definitely looks amazing, one of the best ones Ive seen by far. Good work Riot !
Whether Zed is legitimately OP or not, Riot is going to nerf him at least three times. They have high dislike of manaless champions to begin with.

Maruset

11-12-2012

zzz. no mana, massive mobility assassin with an amazing escape. whee

Wolféran Maximus

11-12-2012

Behold Ninja Power!

Xigbar

11-12-2012

Too bad the refund option isnt back up, I was going to buy him with IP. ><