Champion Spotlight: Zed, the Master of Shadows

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RepulsiveHobo

11-12-2012

I haven't even played him yet and i'm already anticipating a new Zed skin.

Moses

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Moses likes ninjas.

vats3

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
As both an AP lane and jungle, Zed uses his deadly prowess to command Living Shadows
im sorry not to be rude but dont you mean AD?...

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

in my opinion he lacks some uniqueness in terms of concept. I feel they should have developed his shadows more so they wouldn't just stand still. Would be cooler if they could autoattack like pets. his shadows are only there as a vessel to cast spells through and i feel they should do more.

Koznetic

11-12-2012

Bout dam time

Ibuki Suika

11-12-2012

The text says AP but hes an AD champ?

Jr0n

Recruiter

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
Frankly I hope not. I'd rather Riot find a way to let assassins build how they're supposed to so they fill the role they're intended to fill instead of allowing them to limp along as a bruiser build. The problem inherent with assassins is that if they're capable of doing their job without having to make concessions to their item choices (ie: they're allowed to build damage with minimal survivability outside of GA), they get targeted for nerfs because these champions are designed to jump on the face of their target, blow them up, and hopefully get out alive. This kind of playstyle is, by and large, "un fun" to most people (I'm not one of these people -- stealth and nuke characters were always my favorites).

If they find a way to let Assassins build their intended items without ruining them or the game in the process, then I'll be much happier. The last thing we need to see is another pseudo-assassin like Irelia or Rengar, who were given the kind of kit that allows them to not only assassinate whoever they please, but continue to stick around in the fight as moderately tanky bruisers.
The reason that those should be aloud to get away with that is the fact that they have no real escape tools. i mean sure irelia with her stun/slow but when you are getting focused as a pure "assassin" you arent going to survive that. So at least some assassins should be able to go the bruiser route without too much complaint. as for zed with his amazing escape tool kit we have yet to see for ourselfs

NobleFrog

11-12-2012

Quote:
. As both an[ AP lane and jungle], Zed uses his deadly prowess to command Living Shadows, simultaneously attacking enemies from multiple angles with tandem skillshots.
Is this a typo or has he really become ap in one day?

Sephrinx

11-12-2012

Oh look. Another Ap Jungle Assassin. .. ....... .................

ForeverLaxx

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTreeX View Post
in my opinion he lacks some uniqueness in terms of concept. I feel they should have developed his shadows more so they wouldn't just stand still. Would be cooler if they could autoattack like pets. his shadows are only there as a vessel to cast spells through and i feel they should do more.
Allowing them to auto-attack would mean his abilities would do less damage to account for the shadow's own personal damage. It would also severely limit how his shadows could be used tactically because they'd want to chase everything near them down to hit them with melee attacks. Additionally, if they could auto-attack they would probably become targetable and while that is actually useful, it also makes them susceptible to everything all other pets are susceptible to (Smite, Consume), which can severely cripple how he's supposed to work as his entire kit is focused around the idea that you're going to using his shadow as much as possible to get double-spells and bonus effects.

There are tradeoffs, and I think making his shadow work in this manner works better for how they wanted Zed to function.