New season 3 jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenzen

11-12-2012

I just want to say that I love what Riot has done with the new jungle. Instead of the jungle purely being about champions who are very strong gankers, it seems as if they are trying to make farming the jungle and denying then enemy jungler more significant in the early jungle phase.

The new jungle is going to require a lot more teamwork simply because the blue golem and red lizard can't be leashed anymore. The jungler will be taken low when doing these camps and will be very susceptible to early invades. We will see how this works out in solo q.

New champions who I believe are going to be strong and viable:

1. Nunu - consume is going to be amazing with the new rework. He will do the camps faster and stay at relatively good health throughout the jungle.

2. Warwick - The lifesteal is going to be great. Same concept as Nunu, he will stay at relatively good health

3. Shen - As you can see keeping your health up is common between these 3 junglers. Shen is no different, His Q be great asset throughout jungle path. Since there is not going to be as much ganking from now on, Shen might have just become the best ganker in the game. When he hits 6 he is always open to gank a lane by simply pressing R.

Champions who wont be as strong in new jungle:

1. Mundo - I feel like Mundo in the old jungle was always sorta low in terms of health when clearing camps. Once you got some items that wasn't a problem, but now it is going to be ruff for him.

2. Lee Sin - Lee Sin requires successful ganks in order to not fall behind. Ganking now being a harder task I believe he will fall behind in a majority of games and be useless late game. (thank god because I hate jungle lee sin as a top laner)

All in all Riot did a good job in my opinion and I can't wait to see how the season turns out because of the huge changes

pokerchamp

11-12-2012

i dont think warwicks lifesteal at early levels are as strong as you think they are. i think the new jungle will be about sustain and armor.

Friesguy

11-12-2012

The problem with the season 2 jungle is it's too easy, so laners can farm it up with low risk. So the junglers who are great now are good at clearing with only GP10 items since most of their camps will be taken by laners once level 6 is achieved. Junglers who need more gold and CS to be effective (Gangplank, Trynd, Fiora, and Diana for example) will be brought back since the camps will be tougher, so laners won't go taking them for CS every time they're up. This way, farming junglers will come back into the game as effective junglers,

Since the S3 jungle will do more damage, I expect a lot of junglers won't be able to start of with boots, and will instead have to start off with a cloth armor and lots of pots to survive. I can't say I'm a huge fan of that aspect of the changes, but hopefully the game gets even better with that.

Roth The Emperor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

You said lee sin will fall behind. You forgot that they will increase the gold reward as time goes by so the jungler can build more items and not so dependent on the ganks.(They quote Master Yi in the official thread, same apply here)

Just saying

Eternal Daniel

11-13-2012

new runes and masteries, it's hard to jungle.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-13-2012

I doubt many junglers will be starting cloth armor any more, since they can start with the new jungler item that costs 300g, and 5 potions.

Heck, you could even start with the new jungler item, and a Faerie charm if you waited until shortly after minions spawned to leave base.

FuryGhost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I think boots will remain the #1 starting jungle item, with the new machete being #2. I think we will see cloth armor and vamp scepter drop-off as starting jungle items.

futuresight23

11-13-2012

Jax could very likely be the top jungler to start season 3 assuming there is enough farm now in the jungle.

Lee Sin will still likely be strong given the amount of farm available in the jungle. He won't be able to come as early but when he does, his target will most likely regret it.

Without knowing the masteries and jungle items, Alistar, Malphite and Nautilus could be in some trouble

iralos7713

11-13-2012

I would say Fiddlesticks should be making a comeback for S3 since it will be easier to get to level 6 faster and sustain will be a must in the new jungle.

Avalontics

Recruiter

11-23-2012

Quote:
I just want to say that I love what Riot has done with the new jungle. Instead of the jungle purely being about champions who are very strong gankers, it seems as if they are trying to make farming the jungle and denying then enemy jungler more significant in the early jungle phase.

The new jungle is going to require a lot more teamwork simply because the blue golem and red lizard can't be leashed anymore. The jungler will be taken low when doing these camps and will be very susceptible to early invades. We will see how this works out in solo q.

New champions who I believe are going to be strong and viable:

1. Nunu - consume is going to be amazing with the new rework. He will do the camps faster and stay at relatively good health throughout the jungle.

2. Warwick - The lifesteal is going to be great. Same concept as Nunu, he will stay at relatively good health

3. Shen - As you can see keeping your health up is common between these 3 junglers. Shen is no different, His Q be great asset throughout jungle path. Since there is not going to be as much ganking from now on, Shen might have just become the best ganker in the game. When he hits 6 he is always open to gank a lane by simply pressing R.

Champions who wont be as strong in new jungle:

1. Mundo - I feel like Mundo in the old jungle was always sorta low in terms of health when clearing camps. Once you got some items that wasn't a problem, but now it is going to be ruff for him.

2. Lee Sin - Lee Sin requires successful ganks in order to not fall behind. Ganking now being a harder task I believe he will fall behind in a majority of games and be useless late game. (thank god because I hate jungle lee sin as a top laner)

All in all Riot did a good job in my opinion and I can't wait to see how the season turns out because of the huge changes

Dammit No more Sona jungle