How do I recruit people to play dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EvilPooters

11-12-2012

I never really liked SR, especially the lane Phase, so my friend sarcastically remarked that I should go play dominion. After my first game I really fell in love with it and read sauron's guide on how to play, what the meta was, and everything else. Unfortunately none of my friends appreciate dominion as much as I do. They say it is either too unbalanced or there are too many op champions. (I only have problems fighting Poppy and Yorick) All my friends simply laugh at me for sticking with dominion when I happen to think it is a better game mode than SR or TT. Any ideas on how I can prove them wrong?

Also I'm only level 24 and dominion doesn't get me as much exp as SR. (I just started playing a month ago and I started playing dominion about 2 weeks ago when I was about level 18) Any ideas on how to level faster? (This is not as important as trying to get my friends to play dominion with me)

Thanks for the help.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Beg, plead, barter, bargain, nag, needle, extol, praise, make new friends...

You can also join the chat "dominatedominion" in the LoL client to meet lots of Dominion players, who are (mostly) helpful and/or willing to queue.

You can also show your friends that Dominion is a serious mode in terms of having tournaments every week. They can be watched at twitch.tv/dominatedominion and signed up for at http://cyber-sports.net/event/dominate-dominion-31 . They're free to enter and there are RP prizes for the top four placements.

EvilPooters

11-12-2012

^ thanks for the advice but I don't know if people from dominatedominion will be willing to play with me right now since I'm only level 24 but once I'm level 30 I'll try talking to them.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Well, for starters, you can add me. I have team practice some nights but I'll try to queue with you sometime.

EvilPooters

11-12-2012

oh sweet thanks I'll add you as a friend right now and we can play together sometime later. Thanks a lot.

HaIfhearted

11-12-2012

There are a few sub-30s in the DominateDominion chatroom.

Even if you can't find anyone to play with, its still a great spot to get information on Dominion and just hang out and chat with other people who love the mode.