New Free Champion Rotation (Season Two: Week 51)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Robst

Master Recruiter

11-13-2012

this week is gonna be fun

Tinas

11-13-2012

Was wondering if I should post this, but then I figured why not.

I'd like to express my opinion on the way ADs are handled in these rotations. Mainly, the fact that there's a clear distinction between champs (clear favorite champs, and the not-so-often seen guys). Mainly, the lack of Draven. And the fact that Ez/Kog are less common as well.

Now, I usually play botlane in my matches. Owning most supports and usually playing the ADs that are free any given week. Which means I always take a better look at the two available ADs than the other roles (can't give much info on those other champs).

I get that it's not easy to keep rotating the 'best possible combination' every time - that you have to keep other factors in mind (popularity, ease of use, ...). But still. There are 15 AD carries. 13 'True' (Trist is never free, so she doesn't count; which is another discussion entirely I suppose) plus Teemo and TF who are considered ADs for the purpose of the freeweek.

Started monitoring from week 30, when Draven was free (after his release; never since). Observations:

(Name - Number of Freeweeks since 30 - Weeks they appeared in)

Draven - 1 - 30

Ez - 2 - 34, 47
Kog - 2 - 33, 46
TF - 2 - 39, 43
Urgot - 2 - 35, 45
Varus - 2 - 37, 42

Graves - 3 - 30, 34, 40
Teemo - 3 - 30, 40, 45
Twitch - 3 - 38, 46, 51
Vayne - 3 - 35, 41, 48

Cait - 4 - 31, 36, 41, 50
Corki - 4 - 36, 42, 47, 50
MF - 4 - 33, 39, 43, 48
Sivir - 4 - 32, 38, 44, 49

Ashe - 5 - 32, 37, 44, 49, 51

Ez and Kog both had 13 weeks between appearances, Draven at 21 and counting. While the 'top' champs like Ashe get rotated every couple of weeks.

(*Bad*) repeat combinations too. For example, the Ashe/Sivir combo in week (32), 44 and 49 (and now Ashe is free again with just a single rotation in between). Made 'worse' by the fact that they are tied for cheapest AD. As well as the MF/TF combo in week 39 and 43.

This is more noticeable to me because:
1) I play ADs on freeweek.
2) The more limited number of champs for the role compared to other lanes.

So, yeah. Guess I'm sorta venting a bit here. But I'd really like you guys to take a look at how you rotate AD carries, and add those lesser used ADs to the mix more often. So we don't see the same 5 champs in most rotations. That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

slowdense

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx2TailsxX View Post
Jax was last free almost 2 months ago. And Lux? Nearly 6. Do you pay any attention?
er sorry to burst your bubble but they were both free week 46 lol
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/n...on-two-week-46

Battletick

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx2TailsxX View Post
Jax was last free almost 2 months ago. And Lux? Nearly 6. Do you pay any attention?
Lux says hi from a bit over a month ago, do you pay any attention?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2657124

Edit: Wow my timing is bad

Naonical

11-13-2012

Seems like every 2 weeks we get ashe. It isn't like she is the only ranged or carry in this game, so why is she ALWAYS literally in every free week?

Solzan Nemesis

11-13-2012

Time to try Elise out ^_^.

Crixus188

11-13-2012

Ok. All I want to say is q please think a little and place free, If champions champions simple but not too often put as: Fiora, Ahri, Fizz, Kennen, Lee sin, le blanc ...

DontForgetATowel

11-13-2012

OMG YES! moakai! <3

iSzathi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

So, s2 ended and the pres3 stuff is not ready yet, shldnt we call this posts2 week1 or something ??

C0NTaMiNaTeD

11-13-2012

I've never posted on the forums before, but I thought that I would post now and show my support for Riot.

1. I'm very happy with this weeks rotation, I've been wanting to try Elise, Lux, Vlad, Wukong, and Twitch for a long time. I've been pondering whether I should buy Lux for a long time, and I'm glad that I can test her out and see if it would be worth the money.

2. Though this has nothing to do with the weeks free rotation, I'm also very happy that Fiora is now on sale. I was thinking of buying $10 of RP and buying Fiora a couple days ago. I forgot about it and didn't. Now that Fiora is on sale, I'm glad that I didn't!

3. Lastly, I would just like to thank Riot for making a great game. :P