Riot - Why is there no response on this Reconnect bug?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghuzrag

11-12-2012

Myself an a lot of other people are experiencing a ghost game bug. Where it is saying we are in a match that we never joined. I've found threads on this going back a few days and I haven't found a response or a fix any where other than reinstalling the client.

Riot, how do we fix this?

I RAM HOLES

11-12-2012

Add this to the list of many things Riot keeps its customers (many of them who invest a decent amount of money) in the dark about. On that list: when will we have refund tokens back? Why do we have so much server lag? Why do you have the worst customer service in existence?

Ghuzrag

11-12-2012

Hmm... Those are all valid questions. But the one that affects me the most currently is... I can't play the game Some dude dodged the queue and now I'm stuck trying to reconnect to a game that doesn't exist. Wait... I guess that is similar to your, "Why do we have so much server lag?"

Ghuzrag

11-12-2012

Update: Things I have tried.
1. Restarting Client/lap top/modem
2. Logging into a smurf account (works fine)
3. Stopping all LoL related processes in task manager

I have read various people posting these as "fixes" to the ghost game issue. Unfortunately, none of these "fixes" worked for me. Any other ideas guys?

NinJewtZu

11-12-2012

I had this problem on my smurf account two days ago, and posted about it. A few hours later after numerous relogs and restarts, it just let me into a game. It seems to be a short term glitch and auto fixes itself after the max duration or something.
Now it is on this main account. It just started so I will let u know how long it takes to be resolved.

First time reconnect glitch on smurf account:
Someone queue dodged, game glitched and would not let me join another game. I restarted client, but the orange reconnect button was on the screen. I clicked to reconnect and it goes grey, then nothing happens. I relogged numerous times, in one account, then to another and all other accounts were fine. After 3 or 4 hours, I tried again and it was fine.

Second time reconnect glitch on main account:
Same issue with the "Queue Dodgers" ( those *******s ), but this time when I try to join a game, it says: "You are already assigned to a game and cannot start another one". So I restart the client (knowing the outcome of my actions), low and behold the orange reconnect button staring me in the face. Waiting to see result of restarts and logging to other accounts.

AgressiveMofo

11-12-2012

Malliciouss you are right, there is nothing that riot can do other than wait for the session to expire. Unfortunately they would have to shut down all servers to reset your connection, and that would just upset many more players, just in an attempt to make a few players happy. Best advice i can give you is either go outside and play, read a guide, or do something to occupy your time if you are unable to patiently wait.

An F22 Raptor

11-12-2012

This stuff is so annoying, I haven't been able to play for 3 days. Riot, fix this please :c

NinJewtZu

11-12-2012

Ok, so update to my last post:

I logged a couple of times and kept getting the reconnect screen. Then I logged to the smurf and played a couple of games. By the time I logged back to the main account, it was fixed. So it seems to be ( at least on two accounts of mine so far ) a timing glitch easy and simple.

I am absolutely sure the next patch or two will resolve it and until then, just have a smurf account ready if you're dying to play, or take some advice from agressivemofo and go outside.

Bigdb1

11-13-2012

Well I had the same exact problem, and i didn't play for about 24 hrs and then i selected a champion went to play a game and boom you are in a game and please reconnect. I pressed it and nothing again and now I am suspended because of this bug. Seems like I want to play not have this happen to me. and go outside when you have two or more accounts lol you're funny

EV kla

11-15-2012

I have the same problem now, does anybody know a fix/any news? Haven't been able to find any