Hextech Sweeper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
There are better items to build early and to fill item slots.
Like.....Haunting Guise? Chalice of Harmony? Evil Codex? Glacial Shroud?

There's only so much you can build before you're just getting plain components like blasting rod, giant's belts, chain vest, or the like. Hextech Sweeper was and is still invaluable for the unique combination of stats it provides (and even more so with the movement speed) and the active, which is incredibly powerful even without the retardedly OP passive it has now. It's still going to be a very good midgame item (and Dominion is all about midgame items), just not a must-buy on every mage/support/tank every because the passive anymore.

NavyGothic

11-12-2012

The old sweeper was a no-brainer on almost any champion who likes AP and CDR. The stats were great, the active super useful, and the passive is ridiculously good.

New one will be a bit more situational, but still a great choice on a lot of APs. 10% movement speed is hard to turn down, and the active will be as useful as ever.

HaIfhearted

11-12-2012

After the changes, I think that Sweeper will no longer be a core item on Brand.

I've put some thought into a Brand build after getting the new items, and I've settled on Guise > Rylais > Torch > Void, then my usual tank route.

Basically, I probably won't build sweeper on Brand at all except as a counter to multiple stealthers or an extremely powerful/annoying stealther.

The loss of the spell vision is a pretty nasty setback, but its the increased (well, reset) price that finished off Sweeper for me.
As much as I would love to get it, I just want other stats more.

Argodis

11-12-2012

Never liked it before, but I will probably build it as my first or second item now.

Sakuri Ono

11-12-2012

Silly thought; but maybe it'd be better if they just nuked Lightbringer and changed Hextech to an AD item. +CDR and MS would be nice to have on something for AD casters/carries other than the Ghostblade. (And would allow you to stack both as a potential 'Counter POOTER build'.)

Hecarim in particular would adore Hextech's new form were it not AP.

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

They both fit perfectly into my elise builds