Sample builds for newer players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ecclesian

11-12-2012

Buying basic boots and 3 hp consumable pots is a very solid and safe idea. The Doran's items are good, don't get me wrong but if you are newer, that extra move speed and ability to heal 150 hp per pot really helps. I rarely start with a Doran's item even nowadays.

If you have chosen an ability power champion, Rod of Ages is a very good item to build into first. Rod of Ages gives you extra mana, HP, and ability power and even adds more over time to a cap.

If you are a ranged attack damage champion, Infinity Edge is a great weapon to build into first. After getting your boots, buy the Pickaxe first. If you are doing really well, go ahead and save up for the B.F. Sword next. Otherwise, play it safe, try not to feed and go with Cloak of Agility next, then buy the B.F. Sword.

If you are a melee attack damage champion, I suggest building a Phage first, then picking an item that gives you more attack damage before completing your Frozen Mallet.

This is very basic advice and can help you to deal good damage and stay alive throughout the game. Never hesitate to ask people here in the forums what some good builds are as each champ has their own build that works best for them, though there are some staple and generic builds. Furthermore, try and pay attention to how the enemy team's best player builds and which items they buy and obviously your own team mates as well.

Lastly, mobafire.com has great guides and builds for all the current champs. I wish someone had told me about this site when I first started playing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

If you are an AP and you are ahead buying Double Doran on your first back can edge your lead just a little further. Followed by Needlessly Large Rod, you can continue rushing a Deathcap however Catalyst may be a better choice for your fifth item. If you are a champion that requires a LOT of mana a Dorans and Chalice would be best for a first back. Most items and builds need to bbe looked at situationally. For instance I wouldn't necasserally rush a NLR on Ziggs, he might benefit more from a chalice and hextech revolver.

Find out what works best for you and go from there.

Mobofire generally has very niche situation guides, however they can lay the ground work for new players. Solomid is generally regarded as having better guides because the "pros" write them. However they generally require a much higher base of knowledge for the champion you are playing, and you may not understand their reasoning for building as they do.