Support Idea that would actually be fun!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArrivedCornet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Passive: Allies within a short distance have increased tenacity

Q: Skillshot that pulls an ally to you (Can hit allied creeps)

W:Shield target ally, if the shield is broken, permanently add 1 health to all future shields. If cast on an enemy, deals damage equal to base damage+added shield bonus

E: Active: for 3 seconds, reveal enemy wards close to you. These wards cannot be targeted using this ability.

R: You and all allies close to you go invisible for 2 seconds.

These are just some support ideas I have had recently, and I think some of these mechanics could be fun to add. I think supporting can be a bit dull at times, but adding a stackable ability would increase your effectiveness into late game.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-13-2012

The problem with Q is trolls.

I don't like the idea of W being able to also deal damage equivalent to what would be shielded. I think a better mechanic would have it reflect damage similar to Thornmail (except also reflecting magic damage).

Three seconds is kind of a long time. I could see this being an okay ability if it were properly balanced. It should show you the same wards you'd be able to see with an Oracle's Elixir, and nothing else. And given that it's a champion ability, it shouldn't show stealthed champions, or other stealthed items like Shaco boxes, Teemo mushrooms, etc.

R seems fine. Pros in tournaments might prove it to be extraordinarily overpowered though, since they'll really be some of the very few capable of getting the full potential out of it, since it requires coordination. Combined with Shurelya's though, this could be amazing.

PoisonedPeace

11-13-2012

That R is ridiculously op.

Middle of a team fight everybody suddenly goes missing.
Gives your team time to reposition and refocus.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-13-2012

Considering that it's an R, so it's going to have a good, long cooldown, and Shaco has his Q, which not only is a 3.5 second stealth, but is also a blink, AND gives a guaranteed crit on next attack, I think the R isn't too bad generally speaking. But like I said, the pro teams will be the ones to show how broken it is, in normal games and ranked solo/duo queue, no one will be able to be that organized.

ArrivedCornet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

The ult would be a very small area around the support, so if you use it after a teamfight starts, chances are the team wont be clumped together enough to effect everyone. It would most likely be used as an engage, or to get the carry out of a sticky situation.

The problem with removing the damage from the shield would be that then the champ would have no damaging abilities, and I think it should have at least one. It would force you to decide whether to dps or shield an ally since they would be on the same cooldown.

I think that due to the fact that you cannot target the wards/shrooms/boxes with the ability, it wouldnt be too overpowered to be able to see all of them. It would just add an element of map control even if you are not rich enough to afford an oracle.