Why can't we see report outcomes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtheistGuy1

11-12-2012

I find myself regularly wondering what happens to the many people I report daily. Are they pardoned? Punished? Am I just being too overzealous with my reports? It gets a little frustrating when you have no idea whether your reports are actually doing something. Knowing how much weight your reports carry wouldn't hurt either.

Infernal Tiger

11-12-2012

That's a privacy issue and we are not allowed to know the names of players we report and see what the outcome was. Believe me reports do count and each one is registered to their name and if they are like that a lot they will be punished no doubt

LittleDi

11-12-2012

Because trying to figure out if you have gotten someone punished is not the reason to report.

It's only there so you can report them. It's not there for your amusement. It's still not there for your vindictive nature either. I don't want to know if I've reported someone and they're really as bad as I considered them being in one match. I report and continue my day. Should be your objective as well.

AtheistGuy1

11-13-2012

This is a bit of a non-sequitur. I report people because they've broken to summoner's code as far as I could see; not because I want to see if I got them punished. That is a nonsensical statement.

LittleDi

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistGuy1 View Post
This is a bit of a non-sequitur. I report people because they've broken to summoner's code as far as I could see; not because I want to see if I got them punished. That is a nonsensical statement.
If you only report them so that the tribunal can judge them then you've done your job. As long as you report those who deserve to be then your weight in reports will be fine. No need for knowledge of what they've done with them. Leave them in the past and continue to the future.

AtheistGuy1

11-13-2012

I report them for that, yes. I'd also like to see what happens. These are not mutually exclusive options.

NecroticBinder

11-13-2012

I think that being informed when a person you've reported is punished would be a good thing. It would increase faith in the tribunal for the average player meaning that people are more likely to report correct cases rather then the people that do now. What this would mean is that reports are more likely to be correct and mean that the tribunal has less cases that shouldn't be in there.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-13-2012

At least part of the reason is because no one is going to get banned for a singular game. No one deserves to be banned for a singular game either.

Even if you're only reporting players that exhibited punish-worthy behavior, if that's the only game they behaved like that in, they're not going to be punished. Period. They won't even show up in the Tribunal. So the problem with informing you that this person was not punished is that it sends the message that the behavior you reported is not punishable. And that's the wrong message.

EasymodeX

11-13-2012

I report every player that doesn't carry me in games.

AtheistGuy1

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
At least part of the reason is because no one is going to get banned for a singular game. No one deserves to be banned for a singular game either.

Even if you're only reporting players that exhibited punish-worthy behavior, if that's the only game they behaved like that in, they're not going to be punished. Period. They won't even show up in the Tribunal. So the problem with informing you that this person was not punished is that it sends the message that the behavior you reported is not punishable. And that's the wrong message.
If it doesn't show up in the tribunal, I fail to see why a report would be sent at all. If it does and the person is pardoned/punished, I would like to know.