A warning to new players!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyhawke

11-13-2012

I know I probably shouldn't respond to this (for all I know it might be a troll thread) but I'm a little frustrated so... oh well.

You call me (and everyone else in this thread) out saying we don't want to help out other players? I've been in the New Players forum occasionally to help out with questions. I volunteer in the Player Concepts forum on the CCF Council giving other players reviews and advice and attending meetings and judging and hosting contests for pretty much zero reward (other than the good feeling of helping others out, of course). Even my earlier comment in this thread was a genuine attempt to help someone out--you. And from what I've seen, other people in this thread like KingSilas and TwistWrist make even greater contributions to this new players forum than I do.

You tell me to "GTFO" and that I don't know you. Well you don't know me, and you don't know any of us either.

Honestly, I think most of your original post was helpful and I appreciate your posting it. However, the couple parts that people have disagreed with (this is a forum, where we are supposed to DISCUSS things) in an affable manner have caused you to spit vitriol and hate to everyone else around you.

GON the Mage Guy

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk47 View Post
Honestly, I think most of your original post was helpful and I appreciate your posting it. However, the couple parts that people have disagreed with (this is a forum, where we are supposed to DISCUSS things) in an affable manner have caused you to spit vitriol and hate to everyone else around you.
A bit ironic, eh?

Ecclesian

11-13-2012

This thread was to warn new players about a large and existing part of the community that you high elo players don't even have the pleasure of experiencing.

Here are some fun facts about psychology and human nature that us educated people know---

-people will do wrong more readily than they will do right
-people will punish perceived wrong more readily than they will reward perceived good
-people are like sheep and often band together

Combine all this and this is what you get- People will criticize, belittle, and ridicule a person who someone else has already criticized, belittled, and ridiculed while avoid complimenting the good points of a person.

People in this game will sooner call you a noob or talk down to you than encourage you to do better.

The fact that not a single person has added anything positive to this thread but instead of only said negative things proves what I said earlier about human nature.

So keep being predictable and sheepish, downvote, and criticize so the new players can see for themselves exactly what I have proved by starting this thread.

All of you are so predictable and have fallen right into exactly what I described very early on.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesian View Post
Here are some fun facts about psychology and human nature that us educated people know---
(claiming your education is higher than those responding)
-people will punish perceived wrong more readily than they will reward perceived good
(not seeing this is exactly how you've reacted to responders)
Combine all this and this is what you get- People will criticize, belittle, and ridicule a person who someone else has already criticized, belittled, and ridiculed while avoid complimenting the good points of a person.
(ignore anyone that agrees with you and automatically focusing on the bad)
The fact that not a single person has added anything positive to this thread but instead of only said negative things proves what I said earlier about human nature.
(multiple times constructive criticism was offered)
All of you are so predictable and have fallen right into exactly what I described very early on.
(just now understanding this is trollbait, you're here for recognition, and not to help)
read bold outlines

GON the Mage Guy

11-13-2012

Quote:
Not even you.

Sukh01

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesian View Post

...All of you are so predictable and have fallen right into exactly what I described very early on.
You should notice that some ppl agreed with you on some points, but you are overeacting.

There are toxic people, but how can you deal with them??? If it was that simple to solve, why is this post here?

As someone said before, this looks like a troll thread because you are giving so much attention to those details we can't change with ease. (& you didn't make any positive suggestion about it too)

Ecclesian

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukh01 View Post
You should notice that some ppl agreed with you on some points, but you are overeacting.

There are toxic people, but how can you deal with them??? If it was that simple to solve, why is this post here?

As someone said before, this looks like a troll thread because you are giving so much attention to those details we can't change with ease. (& you didn't make any positive suggestion about it too)
Know about a trap allows you to avoid it. Knowledge is prevention.

My thread isn't even that negative anymore as I edited in the same day I posted it.

The way solve the problem of toxic people is to warn then of this infectious toxicity as it is very contagious. If they know about the ignore button and know about the players that they will inevitably meet, they can avoid being draw into the hole.

Known forms of positive expression commonly found in LoL:
-gj
-gg

Known forms of negative expression commonly found in LoL:
-noob
-trash
-garbage
-useless
-and many many more

As you can see, the bad outweighs the good. This lingo is spread and copied by already toxic and recently infected players.

Warning new players about this toxicity is a good deed and a preventive work to end this widely spammed lingo.

TehomCD

11-13-2012

I actually played an account that was around 600-800 Elo for a bit and got to see what it was like, and you really do have my sympathies there, since people definitely could have horribly bad attitudes and were extremely toxic. From a gameplay perspective, it wasn't what I was expecting. Mechanically, people were better at laning than I thought they would be - I don't feel players up to 600 Elo higher than them are really all that much better in lane, at least not to the extent you would expect. But you saw a lot of extremely poor decisions in terms of summoner spells and builds, people with an extreme lack of flexibility (only playing a handful of champs, despite getting counterpicked at times), and having very little idea how to teamfight or where to be at different times in the game.

If you want my advice, trying to learn how to outplay people in lane at lower Elo isn't the best approach, since that's not the weak area of people in that Elo. Learning how to make stronger team comps, have better runes/masteries/builds/summoner spells against different matchups, learning where to be in order to have advantageous teamfights, and outplaying them in teamfights will probably cause you to rise faster. Just being flexible/adaptable rather than always trying to do the same thing really helps people learn what works best.

litoss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

LoL is a great game just get friends together and play u win u win u lose u lose all good thats the way it goes.

send some faxes

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by litoss View Post
LoL is a great game just get friends together and play u win u win u lose u lose all good thats the way it goes.
^for sure

Don`t pay attention to the jerks, try and make a few friends play with them and you will be just fine.