Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A warning to new players!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ecclesian

11-12-2012

Quote:
KingSilas:
I just noticed the edit that you've added...
Considering I've been one of the major contributers I really take exception to this. The fact is, you aren't practicing what you preach. "STOP IMPOSING YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM ON ME" I will when you stop imposing your beliefs on new players. And projecting your experience onto others, assuming you know everything about how this community is...

I should point out those Flat Runes you are suggesting are sub-par. No body has really commented on this because of the wall of negativty before it...

Hp per level Yellows will give you more hp by level 6 and while it's a trade off for VERY early survivability you will be able to survive more burst from your opponent in the long run. Same with those flat AP blues you've suggested. While your level 1-5 burst will be higher, when you hit 6 with per level AP blues your ult will hit harded. You've also left out mana regen per level yellows.

Anyway, for someone who is speaking on how toxic the community is, your pretty quick to ignore others and then talk about how little they know.

1-I am imposing nothing on new players as this can be read voluntarily... What I have said about low elo and a large part of this community is true. I am sharing truth and a common truth that is commonly experienced.

2-Flat runes work well for me. Your style of play is different than mine and like I said before, don't impose your style of play on me, flat runes work for me. Furthermore, dealing 10-15 extra damage per AA will most certainly be effective when starting out in this game, as will flat armor runes.Flat armor runes are widely used and widely recommended as are flat ad runes.

3-Why don't you just move on and go post on someone else's thread because you haven't contributed a single bit of advice for anyone. This thread was to help players, you haven't helped anyone. All you have done is come in here and perpetuate the reason I said all that stuff in the beginning.

jloysnenph

11-12-2012

Saying GTFO does not a conducive relationship make.

Why are you so angry?

TwistWrist

11-12-2012

Quote:
Ecclesian:
I just tried to tell other people what I wish someone would have told me :/ What I said is really how I feel. Granted, my feelings probably get hurt a little easier than other peoples, especially when I am trying to rally a feeding trash talking team that could have won but didn't due to too much typing (this has happened to me alot).

You do realize that Panzerfaust wasn't talking about you at all? Was talking about the guy signing his posts.

Ecclesian

11-12-2012

Quote:
jloysnenph:
Saying GTFO does not a conducive relationship make.

Why are you so angry?

because when I try to help new people but get trolled by people who r not new it makes me mad.

TwistWrist

11-12-2012

Quote:
Ecclesian:

2-Flat runes work well for me. Your style of play is different than mine and like I said before, don't impose your style of play on me, flat runes work for me. Furthermore, dealing 10-15 extra damage per AA will most certainly be effective when starting out in this game, as will flat armor runes.Flat armor runes are widely used and widely recommended as are flat ad runes.

Man, you don't read at all.

He literally told you why people pick certain runes and all you can say, "It works for me" while completely missing the point.

You notice that he didn't complain about flat AD or flat armor?

Because armor seals (flat vs per level) break even after level 9 and AD quints even out at level 9 (AD marks even out around level 7 but you don't really pick them for effectiveness so much as better last hitting and a slightly better level 1).

However, the runes he complained about even out at a different point.

Health evens out at level 5 and AP evens out around level 7. The case for flat health seals is very weak.

You are literally ignoring his whole argument and arguing about something completely different as if it is somehow relevant.

And really, telling new players to get flat mana blues is just silly. One, they are really ineffective runes since they are secondary runes. Two, those runes even out at level 6.

At most, you might be able to make a situational argument for flat AP runes on a specific champ (maybe on Fiddlesticks after the jungle rework).

But going, "I won't listen to your reasoning because they work for me" is childish.

Nisaaa

11-12-2012

I honestly don't agree with Sivir being on this list. Yes, she's a very easy champion to learn how to play, but she's also extremely weak early on and requires a lot of farming and patience. New players most likely do not have the practice of last-hitting minions, and that is necessary on Sivir. She has to play incredibly safe until she is built correctly, unless someone is experienced with her. Sometimes the "easy" champions are still not quite good choices for new players.

Just my two cents.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

Quote:
Ecclesian:
1-I am imposing nothing on new players as this can be read voluntarily... What I have said about low elo and a large part of this community is true. I am sharing truth and a common truth that is commonly experienced.

3-Why don't you just move on and go post on someone else's thread because you haven't contributed a single bit of advice for anyone. This thread was to help players, you haven't helped anyone. All you have done is come in here and perpetuate the reason I said all that stuff in the beginning.

1. The same can be said of my posts, I have been attempting to make you understand that your attitude towards the active experienced members of the new player forum is unhelpful. You have the choice of whether or not you heed my advice. I'm not trying to impose my will on you, I've been trying to help.

2. You were too busy being uncooperative to read my post and understand what explained, I gave pretty clear reasons behind what I said. I'm just trying to help inform new players, and my "numbers" are more sound. I never said not to use Flat AD, etc. please read more closely next time. In fact if you look at my rune pages I use both flat armor and flat AD. I also however use scaling magic resist per level blues, and FLAT AP Quints. Why? Because Flat Quints are generally far superior, they give you the highest early game boost possible, biding time for your per levels to kick in. Per level magic resist will scale against AP carries as they go up in level and add ranks to their spells. I have given reasoning, you have not. All you've said is "they work for me". Which is in no way helpful to new players.

3. I feel like I have in no way perpetuated what you've said. If anything it's been you, instead of ignoring "MisterTangerine" the only real troll in this thread, and then lumping in the rest of us in with him. (Just like you are suggesting every new player do with every single other player in the game. Someone disagrees with you,and therefore must be trolling.) Anyone here can tell you, he is not at all active on this forum, trolled and then left (it's the internet, dawg). I have been giving advice. Widely usable for people at any level. Please re-read 90% of my posts. If there has been anyone that I have been specifically trying to help, it's you. And I guess you are right, I have failed at helping, because you have been too stubborn and blind. In no way have I been disrespectful or unhelpful. You've let past experiences blind you to anyone in this community who is trying to help someone, including yourself. I've been trying to reach you this whole thread. I guess you are just too far gone for help.

This thread was for you, buddy. You are the one that needed it, not me or the other new players. I just guess you were the person poisoned by the inability to cope with a couple bad games. Sorry you didn't post here sooner, you might not have gotten to the point you're at now, because I don't think you'll ever learn to be a contributing member of this community. You've given some good advice, and some of what you've said is true. You've also given some bad advice, and said things that aren't true, yet you are unwilling to listen to anyone that attempts correcting you.

I'll just go post in someone else's thread now..... GL not listening to advice ******.

Ecclesian

11-13-2012

Quote:
KingSilas:
I'll just go post in someone else's thread now..... GL not listening to advice ******.

I don't need your advice. I'm not a new player, This thread is for new players. I took your's and other's advice and removed some of my negative comments from my post. You and others still haven't given any advice to any new players.

All you people have ruined my thread with your vomit and trolling.

I took time out of my day to tell players what I wish someone had told me and all I get is players who aren't new trolling and insulting me. Just what I expect from the LoL community.

Street Saint

11-13-2012

To the OP: I absolutely agree that the LoL community is unfortunately biased toward experience players. Therefore, newbies tend to get a LOT of flack from all sides. I will say though, that this is not unique to LoL, and can be found in just about any online gaming community.

I also feel that the amount of bad mouthing is not as rampant as described. However, the frequency and cruelty of such comments are such that it often seems like it this type of player is present in just about every game. This is also enhanced by the fact that it is much rarer to find the opposite side of the spectrum: an exceptionally friendly and helpful player.

I make it a point to call out any bad mouthing whether it is directed at me or any other player. When I was a new player, I really wished someone would do that for me, and no one ever did, so I feel it's important to make an attempt to change the dynamic of the community rather than contribute to the harassment. Basically, mean people suck and I wish so many didn't play LoL.

Cat 6th

11-13-2012

@Ecclesian:
I agree with you on the "every new player should know before playing" As a new player I did found out the hard way when playing normals from levels 1-10 because of rage players and smurfs. I would really like to read some post like this before playing.

I don't agree with you of making it so long that seems personal.

@KingSilas: You were a new player once, do you remember? Sadly most of new players with negative experience of this game don't post here. I have some friends that got caught by the "evil players and they don't play anymore.

Is a need to construct a better community, but not only advice the bad things, but to contribute with some solutions as well.