A warning to new players!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nidilen

11-12-2012

Hey guys!

Though the OP might be true when he states that ranked is a negative place (for the most part it is). That doesn't mean that the new players will be like this. Instead of trying to get the newer players to run away from ranked, encourage them to go into ranked with a positive attitude. Seeing as they are the next generation of pro players!

Try to give them advice as to what they should do in ranked games. I personally just try to remind people that we all have been in situations in which we have done bad. Though it will be hard, just keep it positive!

~Nidilen

AcidKats

11-12-2012

I think that what everyone is trying to say is that your post contained more negative things than it should have. I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say that we RESPECT what you're saying, because it is somewhat true, as there are a lot of people that are insanely rude. However, the delivery of your message could have been different.

I know what you're trying to do, I really do. You're just trying to educate newer players, but you just have to work on how you say things. There are much better ways to say what you posted.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidilen View Post
Hey guys!

Though the OP might be true when he states that ranked is a negative place (for the most part it is). That doesn't mean that the new players will be like this. Instead of trying to get the newer players to run away from ranked, encourage them to go into ranked with a positive attitude. Seeing as they are the next generation of pro players!

Try to give them advice as to what they should do in ranked games. I personally just try to remind people that we all have been in situations in which we have done bad. Though it will be hard, just keep it positive!

~Nidilen

^ I'm generally only negative towards people who are like "I GOT DIS, FIRST PIK GALIO ****AS!" and then get ROFL stomped... in game at least. On the forums...eh, depends on how they present themself. For instance (and I'm suprised he hasn't posted in this thread) I HATED TwistWrist, he is arguementative and very harsh with his critiques, he's also usually right...the *******

GON the Mage Guy

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSilas View Post
^ HEY, **** YOU.... you're a pretty cool dude.
HEY **** YOU TOO

Wait...

What...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidilen View Post
Hey guys!

~Nidilen
Your style of posting is irritating. It's like it comes canned from PR.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
Your style of posting is irritating. It's like it comes canned from PR.
Lol he's been told this by multiple people and it's been explained signatures where disabled for a reason. I doubt he is going to change his mind about posting this way.

TwistWrist

11-12-2012

Considering he signed a post as:
"~Nidilen (I'm silly signing! XD)" or something to that effect.

Yeah, doubt he'll change.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-12-2012

The funny thing, is he acts like he's trying to help people... Of course when you are actually trying to help people, you don't try to take 'credit' for it by throwing your name everywhere...

Also, a 'personalized' post is really only 'personal' when you spend the time to make it so. Placing someone's name at the top doesn't make it so, more often than not it's tacky at best.

(AKA: You do look like you're trying to help, which is great. However you should take a step back and think not only about why you're helping (if it's for self-recognition, you're doing it wrong), but how you're going about doing so. Not every thread needs to have a multi-paragraph response, sometimes a sentence or two is all that you need. Limiting your response to be as concise as you can make it is seldom ever detrimental, and usually far superior to long drawn out posts.)

Fs Son0fSilas

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesian View Post

Red- Flat AD runes, magic penetration runes, or armor penetration runes
Yellow- Flat HP runes or armor runes
Blue- Flat AP runes, or mana regen runes

EDIT---

Disregard comments below as they are mostly from the very kind of people I was trying to warn you about earlier. They have nothing positive to say and offer no advise to new players.

UNLESS YOU HAVE ADVICE FOR NEW PLAYERS GTFO

STOP IMPOSING YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM ON ME
I just noticed the edit that you've added...
Considering I've been one of the major contributers I really take exception to this. The fact is, you aren't practicing what you preach. "STOP IMPOSING YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM ON ME" I will when you stop imposing your beliefs on new players. And projecting your experience onto others, assuming you know everything about how this community is...

I should point out those Flat Runes you are suggesting are sub-par. No body has really commented on this because of the wall of negativty before it...

Hp per level Yellows will give you more hp by level 6 and while it's a trade off for VERY early survivability you will be able to survive more burst from your opponent in the long run. Same with those flat AP blues you've suggested. While your level 1-5 burst will be higher, when you hit 6 with per level AP blues your ult will hit harded. You've also left out mana regen per level yellows.

Anyway, for someone who is speaking on how toxic the community is, your pretty quick to ignore others and then talk about how little they know.

Noobtactical

11-12-2012

the community is pretty toxic

I play normals and ranked, and my experience is they are equally nasty.

I don't play as much as i used to do to this, but it is a good game if you can find some non-losers to play with

Ecclesian

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
The funny thing, is he acts like he's trying to help people... Of course when you are actually trying to help people, you don't try to take 'credit' for it by throwing your name everywhere...

Also, a 'personalized' post is really only 'personal' when you spend the time to make it so. Placing someone's name at the top doesn't make it so, more often than not it's tacky at best.

(AKA: You do look like you're trying to help, which is great. However you should take a step back and think not only about why you're helping (if it's for self-recognition, you're doing it wrong), but how you're going about doing so. Not every thread needs to have a multi-paragraph response, sometimes a sentence or two is all that you need. Limiting your response to be as concise as you can make it is seldom ever detrimental, and usually far superior to long drawn out posts.)
I just tried to tell other people what I wish someone would have told me :/ What I said is really how I feel. Granted, my feelings probably get hurt a little easier than other peoples, especially when I am trying to rally a feeding trash talking team that could have won but didn't due to too much typing (this has happened to me alot).

I got stuck in elo hell and in every game I play, literally every game... as soon as someone dies 2 to 3 times they get talked down bad which usually results in them talking back and then I end up having to mute half my team... Yall are all higher elo so you have forgotten what it's like to play with laggers, ragers, and trolls...

This community really is very harsh often times. It's like a poison that spreads. I am just trying to warn new players so they don't perpetuate the hate speech that dominates a large part of the LoL community. It really does spread. Thats why they call it elo hell.

Theres alot of good info in my thread besides the warning as well. I wish people would talk about that instead of turning my thread into THIS... It was intended to prepare the mind of the new LoL player so they aren't discouraged the first time the get reported for dying a few times and having to suffer through a whole game being called noob and trash by their own team mates. This really does happen nearly every game in low elo.