New Leona Skin timeline: Suggestion thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

11-18-2012

http://www.deviantart.com/download/6...raftyWingy.jpg
pls ironstylus make those wings appear on her back when she ults :3 she would look like a wisp for a sec during her E :3

Amariithynar

11-18-2012

Leona as a Radiant Being a la Xerath, encased in blackened, slightly melted armor; The Essence of the Sun. Give her a layered voice, a Voice of the Legion-style thing going.

Mirror

11-18-2012

Radiant Leona just sounds like Leona++. EXTREME LEONA?!

not that interesting, and usually when Riot artists pursue that line of thinking it just ends up looking like what the classic skin should have been. See: Overlord Malzahar, High Command Katarina, Blood Lord Vladimir, or any other skin that feels like just a fancy re-interpretation of the classic. More is better, but not when it's in the same exact wavelength as a skin that champion already has

EnvyDragon

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavamp View Post
On the other hand... Radiant deity Leona - The full synergy of Leona fused with the radiant power of the sun. Something that makes her look epic, fearsome, glorious and imposing. I'd personally go or a mixture of red/gold armor (less gold as it would be too much brightness) with radiant glow accents (like a halo behind/around her head? Or radiant wings?).
I'm picturing something that looks remarkably like Lady Iron Man. (Iron Maiden Leona?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
not that interesting, and usually when Riot artists pursue that line of thinking it just ends up looking like what the classic skin should have been. See: Overlord Malzahar, High Command Katarina, Blood Lord Vladimir, or any other skin that feels like just a fancy re-interpretation of the classic. More is better, but not when it's in the same exact wavelength as a skin that champion already has
To be fair, skins ARE optional, aesthetic-only things that are designed to make Riot all kinds of money. It makes perfect sense, and would be entirely valid, for them to sell "enhanced" versions of skins. It means people who like the champ for the gameplay can just stick with the vanilla skin, but if a Kat player really likes the visual style, they have the option of paying ten bucks for High Command Kat.

BaronVonWaffle

11-18-2012

I'm stealing this thread for a moment to let you all know....

....Volibear likes skins too! :c

Rubeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

I want a Leona of Astora skin. PRAISE THE SUN! (In b4 someone makes Solaire/Leona Fanfiction)

existingdark

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
I want a Leona of Astora skin. PRAISE THE SUN! (In b4 someone makes Solaire/Leona Fanfiction)
She'd make a better son than Gwyndolin. *cough*

Anyways, plsno.

Ephemis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

I say give her a Nun skin to complete the holy trinity of nurse/nun/maid.

Edit: Good luck talking the wife into modeling it.

PLXBRRYrinzler

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavamp View Post
On the other hand... Radiant deity Leona - The full synergy of Leona fused with the radiant power of the sun. Something that makes her look epic, fearsome, glorious and imposing. I'd personally go or a mixture of red/gold armor (less gold as it would be too much brightness) with radiant glow accents (like a halo behind/around her head? Or radiant wings?).
The Radiant wings with Solar flares coming off her body would be awesome. Can also maybe make it an evolving skin like Pulsefire Ezreal. She can get Radiant Wings at lvl 6 and Solar Flares coming off her body more and more each level after. Then at Max level she can have a Solar Sword, Radiant Wings, Solar Flares and Firey Footsteps.

stonefeather

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deon Psilew View Post
The Radiant wings with Solar flares coming off her body would be awesome. Can also maybe make it an evolving skin like Pulsefire Ezreal. She can get Radiant Wings at lvl 6 and Solar Flares coming off her body more and more each level after. Then at Max level she can have a Solar Sword, Radiant Wings, Solar Flares and Firey Footsteps.

sounds good, and maybe also a fullface helm with wings for that truly epic feel.