FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BenLeopard

11-14-2012

Can their be more pirate champions and not pirate skins...

Tobasco da Gama

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
No, but there will be more accessible ways to reduce Flash's cooldown if you plan on using it often... (most likely aggressively if you're planning on it)
Boots seem like the the obvious place for this effect, but please consider putting it on a new upgrade from Cloak of Agility: The Flasher's Trenchcoat.

Kento

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

v

Prussian Blue

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Good point! Currently we have different gold amounts for Ranged and Melee champions, and we'll continue to adjust these values as needed. We want to reward melee champions for the additional risk they take in any engagement from this mastery
Slightly random question. This really only applies to a single champion. How does this work for Kayle who can alternate between ranged and melee due to her E skill...? Is there like a range condition that needs to be satisfied?

Elvenar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I truly wish there was ranked teams for Crystal scar and solo ques for it. At the Moment there is no point for me to play Crystal scar since I can't convince my friends to play it when we don't even have the option for ranked. I also wish that Twisted Treeline had a solo ranked ques. Please make these part of the preseason changes I know I would love them and all my friends would too. Thanks for reading.

SilverJay475

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
The one mastery we are adding specifically gold related in Utility is a mastery called "Pickpocket" that grants gold upon attacking an enemy champion. This will allow active supports a bit more gold while harassing their opponents, while also being useful for other character types that spec into deep into Utility.
That awkward moment when you submit a champion idea to the Player Concepts forum with the move "Pickpocket" with the same idea around it, then it becomes a mastery. This I like.

HUNGLIKEADAWG

11-14-2012

Trynd + barrier pls no ;_;

Krow Kasyka

11-14-2012

I fail to understand why Surge should be removed...it doesn't do what ignite does (actually works pretty well along side it). Also, it worked for almost any champion created thus far (with the exception of a few Support characters).

Naziru

11-14-2012

Hey Feral, I've have been looking over these changes since the first tidbits started leaking out and I have to say so far I am very impressed with what you guys have come up with. However the one perpetual thorn in my side since I started this game shortly after Beta has always been flash, flash flash flash. It seems obvious to me given its prevalence that flash is considered to be(wether it is or not is a matter of opinion) on an entirely different power level then the rest of the summoner spells to the point of being borderline broken, especially when you consider the fact that the only reliable way to counter your enemies flash is with your own flash. Do you have any REAL changes to flash in the pipes? like say putting it on an item, putting it on its own seperate non SS button, dropping it altogether, adding negative interactions with debuffs such as say reducing its range if slowed, changing it to a jump, anything or are we going to be perpetually stuck with the giant elephant in the room known as flash? (honestly I'm still a little chapped about that promise to do something with flash before S2 started never coming to fruition but meh).

EDIT: Secondarily I must profess my dissatisfaction with the removal of surge(and fortify for that matter) when I fell all it really needs is a number tweak to bring it's power level up to be in line with ignites lategame dps.

Luben

11-14-2012

Sickk