FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NovemberDoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-14-2012

sweet <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightmareAce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXTWINKLETITSXX View Post
this is great and all, but you need to fix the ELO - make it so you can only gain ELO - a loss would just mean you don't get any. That would eliminate these ELO Hells. unless you fix this, no other game change will make the game better

That is perhaps the worst idea I've seen on any thread in LoL. Your idea would make it so that if you played enough games you'd eventually be plat even if your skill was horrible. If you don't go down as well as up there is no reason to rate you. We already have a system that counts your wins. Nope, I changed my mind, that is the absolute worst idea.

And no other changes will make the game better? What about balancing champs? Adding champs? Making the queue better? Flipping the screens so that you always start on the left? I could go on and on for weeks, literally weeks. There will always be ways to improve the game. But allowing all players to gain ELO that they don't qualify for is not one of them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeaTelamon

Junior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbu View Post
Roku, I'm a huge fan even before you were a Rioter. I have one plea. Please look into not extending Flash cooldown, but instead making it go inactive every time you're hit for 3 seconds. This would really attune to your goals of making LoL more fun:

-aggressive and fun to watch
-Will nerf flash as a defensive skill
-Still make people want to pick up ghost more often without killing Flash off completely

Please just look and consider it!
While I understand your argument here (I've seen a similar argument being done elsewhere about an item that granted teleportation similar to Flash), I honestly think Flash should be removed from the game and be added as a very expensive mid-tier item to those that need it. This is because I think Flash in a way does allow for aggressive gameplay, but it also allows more room for mistakes.

I think there's a fine balance here between making people just simply use Flash as a way to get out of sticky situations and to allow for aggressive gameplay, especially since the game already relies so much on positioning. This seems a little counter-intuitive. Either you focus more on team-fight positioning or you add something that makes positioning matter less over being aggressive.

Anyway, I know Flash is a part of the meta and will probably remain so even after the changes, but considering the way the game works right now, I question its place in it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeaTelamon

Junior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
That is perhaps the worst idea I've seen on any thread in LoL. Your idea would make it so that if you played enough games you'd eventually be plat even if your skill was horrible. If you don't go down as well as up there is no reason to rate you. We already have a system that counts your wins. Nope, I changed my mind, that is the absolute worst idea.

And no other changes will make the game better? What about balancing champs? Adding champs? Making the queue better? Flipping the screens so that you always start on the left? I could go on and on for weeks, literally weeks. There will always be ways to improve the game. But allowing all players to gain ELO that they don't qualify for is not one of them.
lol I second this. I think there are many flaws with the ELO system but losing rating is not one of them. I think one way to potentially deal with DCs and such would be to add a system I've seen implemented elsewhere where every active champion becomes a bit stronger to compensate for the lack of that offline player. This requires some fine-tuning but will at least not mean an automatic loss for the opposing team that has one person going offline. If the opposing team with 5 team members play well they would also still be able to win due to more abilities and cooldowns, but at least the gameplay would not be as reliant on that last team member. And on the question whether that system worked, yes, it worked quite well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roku

QA Analyst

11-14-2012
20 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savov View Post
Do you plan on tweaking the flash cooldown depending on if u use it aggressively (as gap closer, getting closer to enemies) or defensively with benefits to aggressive use?
No, but there will be more accessible ways to reduce Flash's cooldown if you plan on using it often... (most likely aggressively if you're planning on it)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evanui

Senior Member

11-14-2012

I was under the somewhat silly assumption that these changes and the beginning of season 3 would coincide with the end of season 2.

I'm more interested in when we can expect these changes to come.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Winktoblink

Senior Member

11-14-2012

I hope pick pocket is really far down the utility tree. Would really hate for an AD carry only having to drop a few extra points into the utility tree so that they can cash in. It'd become an almost madatory thing to grab on almost every role then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Are you going to provide any items for champions that scale with ap, but use their autoatacks?
Like elise? evelyn with her atack speed boost , or varus that could nicely scale with ap?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
No, but there will be more accessible ways to reduce Flash's cooldown if you plan on using it often... (most likely aggressively if you're planning on it)
Is there an item that reduces(refreshes) flash's cooldown on kill or assist? If not, what negative affect would this have on the game?