FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psytrin1337

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Will we be getting achievements in Season 3? They've been there since I can remember (I think pre-season 1).

Anthurix

11-12-2012

Oh lawd the dives...

Overall nice changes and diversity should increase a lot. Can't wait!

GinIyoku

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Finally, well be removing both Promote and Surge. Were creating an item with an effect like Promote since it makes sense as a strategic option, and having it as a buy-in strategy means well be able to better balance the effect in relation to its gold cost. Surge is being removed because it isnt always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche wed like Ignite to fill.

In the preseason we want summoner spells to be another way to customize your champion to suit your playstyle instead of being dominated by a few, extremely strong choices. Were confident that these modifications will free you up to experiment with different combinations and tailored to your favorite champions.
I REFUSE to use ignite and always picked surge instead... if the real issue was not knowing who it was using it ... besides the fact they grew when in use ... give them a icon of the eye above em ... make em flash or glow with a aura ...there are lots of ways you could have changed it to make it more eye catching ...end of 1st season you took away my flag end of 2nd ya taking my surge -.- ya might as well give me 2 teleports at this point..
which champions to use it ... AP and Atkspd .... umm who uses that uses surge -.- powerful to boost your AP and atkspd for that crush moment ether at 1st blood, killing towers with a bit more speed... better then igniting and running away getting a kill (granted barrier had better counter ignite -.- as no i got currently no 2nd summoner skill)

Neko tan

11-12-2012

BUT RIOT YOU STILL HATE SPELL VAMP

or at least it seems like you do...

ShiznazTM

11-12-2012

What a vague discussion.

Eric Von Pepe

11-12-2012

Why surge removal !?, only because is not used in tournaments !? or just because people like to troll with that spell !? I love that spell and i use it a lot , What will happen to my super surge kayle !?
Thats the only thing i disliked in this "patch note"

LordofNarf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

This seems to be the place to ask this, since the thread discusses masteries and summoner spells. What is the status of the summoner spell specialization masteries?

I feel that these specialization masteries only really serve to create feel bad play if you are running the spell and not the mastery, combined with the fact that the effect varies from spell to spell, from near negligible (ignite) to almost more powerful than the spell was to begin with (revive). Are these being included in the S3 mastery trees or are they being removed? If they are being kept, are the rewards per spell being flattened?

n64bomb

11-12-2012

more teemo skinzzzzzzzzzz

lightning87

11-12-2012

How will ignite be filling the role of surge?

SheepKing

11-12-2012

why remove surge .... i never used it becaues it was BAD, but the spell was really nice :L