FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrrationalNoob

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
I'd be a bit hesitant for a purely passive Summoner Spell...because clicking buttons and seeing effects is a really fun thing. You lose gameplay and balancing levers when making a purely passive spell (cooldown, uptime, etc)

However, Heal might gain a purely passive component to slightly benefit the person that picked it.
Thoughts on clarity?

Kraemer

11-13-2012

Are you guys going to address the problem that Flash brings, more specifically, the fact that it's almost mandatory and strangles out the usage of other summoner spells?

ShinobiBobby

11-13-2012

i think its just retarded to put it in all maps. Turret-Diving will be at an all time high......

GhostStalker

11-13-2012

What Masteries are being introduced to help AD Casters/Assassins?

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

11-13-2012

Quote:
I'd be a bit hesitant for a purely passive Summoner Spell...because clicking buttons and seeing effects is a really fun thing. You lose gameplay and balancing levers when making a purely passive spell (cooldown, uptime, etc)

However, Heal might gain a purely passive component to slightly benefit the person that picked it.
What about a spell that gives you increased stats for attacking and activating it would further increase the bonuses?

I mean...think of it like Surge but with 33% of it as a passive and 66% as the active.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:

Pure mechanical advantage (when it's balanced properly) can be appreciated too, though---ie: Vayne's silver bolts TF's Stacked Deck as example in LoL---Lycan's Feral Impulse an example in DotA.

IrrationalNoob

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraemer View Post
Are you guys going to address the problem that Flash brings, more specifically, the fact that it's almost mandatory and strangles out the usage of other summoner spells?
Flash is not mandatory on dominion and it depends on your team for whether you want it in TT.

However, with SR map design the way it is and how valuable singular kills are on the map with the length of death timers the way they are, flash will always be very very valuable on most champions.

yoyowat

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palthios View Post
I guess Im one of the few that will miss Surge. I admit that it didnt work well on most champions. It really only worked if you were playing someone that couldnt get kited very easy. I loved getting it on Yi. Surge + Ghostblabe + Highlander was awesome with Frozen Mallet.
indeed. I don't have a wide variety of champions I play, but I LOVED getting surge on yi. I'd mainly only use it for backdooring... but still

AFOM

11-13-2012

This Pickpocket mastery sounds very similar to my concept from the "Synergy" megathread which refused to die. In my version, champions gained gold for affecting another champion (ally or enemy) with a spell. This made more sense to me, as it allowed for defensive supports like Nunu to still get more gold.

One issue I have with your version of Pickpocket is that, while it seems to reward aggressive play in a way which I like, it also will tend to have a snowballing effect: if you're getting zoned or harassed under your tower, the enemy bot lane will already be ahead in the lane AND they'll be getting more gold from this mastery than you are.

So what is the reasoning behind using autos, which clearly disadvantages certain supports?

Sir Pork

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

nice