FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Last Spark

11-13-2012

@Roku
Barrier seems a little underpower for squishy carrys like Vayne (which i main), specially for the short duration of the protection. Also, now the enemy will just wait for the barrier disappear and then attack. With heal, you got back HP, so it was more easy for you to counter burst the attack and even kill the opponent. However, a simple ignite could make the difference with heal, because it was reduced by half the amount gained after using heal. Now my question is that Ignite has a duration of 5 seconds and Barrier only 2, versus the permanent HP recovered with Heal, what summoner spell will be more suitable for a a squishy carry like Vayne?

Nexus wraith

11-13-2012

Heal being a support skill, I'm going to have alot of fun with gtimmick bot lane picks now

Aubin Magnus

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unvoy View Post
I like the change to heal. It's better for a support to begin with because that what their suppose to do-support. Only noobs use heal on champs that don't need it, and if you can't play without it, then you obviously fail.
Don't see how using Heal for a variety of other purposes makes one a noob. I use it on Volibear as an extra heal to make him even tankier than he is. Allows me to tower dove many opponents at 3 and secure a kill that way. It's also situationally useful in many places as a tank, and allows you to be even more of a benefit to your team than you already are.

Aubin Magnus

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTC ICEverfrost View Post
I feel like Surge could have been fixed rather than removed. You are correct in that it shouldn't be competing for the same role as Ignite. I feel like it could have been changed to be an Aura effect (like a Sona or Taric aura) based around the champion that used it, unlike the old summoner spell Rally which was based off of a banner that would not move with the fight. This would have made it an appealing option to support players in an aggressive lane.
I don't see how it ever really competed with ignite. They did two separate things and only really competed in the sense of "Should I take Ignite or Surge? Does this champ benefit from Surge or Ignite more? What does the enemy team have?"

Surge was a strategic skill on many champions. Do you want to be able to secure a kill from a distance or have more sustained damage and tower killing potential?

Hal Frank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post

Improve the Utility Tree

In Season Two, the Utility Tree wasn’t all that appealing to the majority of champions. We’ve made adjustments to ensure this tree has more useful options for champions in all roles. Champions like manaless casters who currently have to waste a lot of points to get to the bottom of the tree can now make it down 21 or more points in Utility and be rewarded for doing so.

@FeralPony I think the new mastery arrangements it's really nice, I agree there is a weird zone of the mastery trees where you end up feeling odd by adding some masteries to specific champions, however helping the manaless champions such as akali, kat, riven, shyvana, kennen and so on with the direct really instead of stopping their killing rampage it helps them even more to be so annoying because the 50 energy recover every 5 seconds and the no mana skills that can be spammable with such ease and no punishment of failing a skill, maybe that should be reworked by another person but the 0 mana or energy champions are the ones that really need a rework not much about them having even more rewards by getting to the bottom of the mastery tree.

I try to highlight this point just because there is a simpre reason for this... this happenes a lot to manaless casters and energy users... but the rest of the champions also so need some help as well... mana users which are the majority are very punished for failing skills while the other type of champs really dont have to pay a heavy price for doing so.

Btw... I'm curious... are you related or familiar with the wild pony invasions that happen so often at Virginia?

PabloHomo

11-13-2012

It seems great! but I really don't get why would you remove Surge when you are trying to create a new variety of summoner spells, since this is just another option to build...
I really like Surge, I use it on Teemo, Master Yi, Cho Gath, can be used on Morde too, or any ap if u want a better burst, like karthus or Brand.
Personally i think that it's a bad idea, just because Surge it's not used for everyone or (using Roku words) "it isnít always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it" ...
Such a poor reason to remove a summoner spell, you could tried to do some guide or more tips for Surge before remove it for good.
Also , you expect Ignite to fill the Surge ausent when in the same post you are telling that you are increasing ignite's cooldown because it's such a "popular" spell...
So, as you can see, removing Surge doesn't really make any sense, at least to me. Hoping that you can revert this decision please.
And sory for my bad english :P

Shimrra3

11-13-2012

D'awww no Surge?

... *only ever uses on certain champs in ARAM*...

OK can see why.

Rob the Reaper

11-13-2012

I actually hate to to see surge go. Yeah, I know, nobody likes it, so feel free to troll in response.

If we had a team strategy going into a game to push towers quickly and then roam, I would grab surge on a champ like cait. Along with the mastery that increases tower damage, it turned cait into a machine gun on the towers.

Elevorot

11-13-2012

Fare thee well, Surge. Tryndamere will miss you greatly </3

No more securing a lvl 1 fight via attack speed and that chance to cit : (

Amenostosis

11-13-2012

nice this souds great.