FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowZ 100

11-13-2012

i like these changes the barrier is going to be fun to use lol

T3 Aftermath

11-13-2012

You guys are so awesome Thanks so much for listening to the community and allowing us players to be as creative as possible with our playstyles and builds. I don't like the cookie-cutter builds because you "have" to go that route if you want to be effective in your role as an "ad" or "top laner".

Great job Riot! Can't wait for season 3!

RootBeerKing

11-13-2012

So will the level cap be raised due to the masteries changes, or will 30 still be the max level?

7 Wordz

11-13-2012

NOOOOO, you can't get rid of surge. Surge is the reason i win every game with AP teemo, without surge my AP teemo is USELESS

But other than the surge issue, i like how the changes are sounding.

Aubin Magnus

11-13-2012

One other comment. How is Revive more useful and used than Surge? How is Revive a better summoner spell than Surge? I have seen revive used in two situations: Revive Zilean, where you die, revive, teleport somewhere, then secure kill and save someone, or Dunkmaster Yi for ridiculousness.

The Cerulean OP

11-13-2012

>->

Unvoy

11-13-2012

Quote:
To reinforce this change, were also reducing the overall effect of Heal, but modifying it to heal allies for the same amount as it heals the caster. This will solidify Heal into a support role, while making it less useful for baiting opponents.
I like the change to heal. It's better for a support to begin with because that what their suppose to do-support. Only noobs use heal on champs that don't need it, and if you can't play without it, then you obviously fail.

MagikShot

11-13-2012

Its gonna be hard to deal with barrier as AP Ezreal and champions with similar ultimates

ICEverfrost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Finally, well be removing both Promote and Surge. Were creating an item with an effect like Promote since it makes sense as a strategic option, and having it as a buy-in strategy means well be able to better balance the effect in relation to its gold cost. Surge is being removed because it isnt always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche wed like Ignite to fill.
I feel like Surge could have been fixed rather than removed. You are correct in that it shouldn't be competing for the same role as Ignite. I feel like it could have been changed to be an Aura effect (like a Sona or Taric aura) based around the champion that used it, unlike the old summoner spell Rally which was based off of a banner that would not move with the fight. This would have made it an appealing option to support players in an aggressive lane.

Moskytu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

when does the new masteries thing will come??? i was desapointed when i updated and saw the old masteries =/