FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aureate Word

11-12-2012

NO! D: I love promote... It's a strategic option for pushing or defending one's lane, and the summoner slot can be worth it. Sometimes a slow but subtle victory can be a worthwhile option to consider.

I am guessing the new item will be an aura item similar to Abyssal scepter, or a minion specific item like Wriggles.

- Although both items are decent for pushing a lane they are not nearly as useful for seigeing a tower as promote.

-Out of one's lane, the item will be useless.

-In a lane, it will not be powerful against enemy champions compared to other items.

I know promote is considered a useless spell by some; but we have seen time and time again that just because something isn't meta, does not mean it is valueless. Even if people do not like it personally, promote adds a strategic choice and diversity that no item will be able to fill. I urge riot to reconsider removing promote, as it is beneficial and healthy to the game.

Craptain

11-12-2012

Surge was fun

Mudcrawler

11-12-2012

@anyone who can tell me is there gonna be AD caster items this patch or later patches?

KalaVedaks

11-12-2012

will free you up to experiment

Roku

those words are music to my ears

Wispofdoom

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post

Finally, well be removing both Promote and Surge. Were creating an item with an effect like Promote since it makes sense as a strategic option, and having it as a buy-in strategy means well be able to better balance the effect in relation to its gold cost. Surge is being removed because it isnt always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche wed like Ignite to fill.
Don't do this to me! How will I split push effectively with AP Xin now?

Glaedien

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leosoh4699 View Post
sounds great! i always hated getting expanded mind for manaless casters lol or was that just stupid of me?
Yeah, if your champion is manaless then expanded mind was a waste of points. Whatever you put into that skill did absolutely nothing for you. Insight, Recall, and 2x good hands (or 3x good hands and one of the other two skills, whatever) would've at least gotten you *something* for those points.

soldierofsin

Recruiter

11-12-2012

sounds like good changes to me

bnm333

11-12-2012

Soooo...When is the next rumble skin?

GigaBreaker88

11-12-2012

Im not sure how i feel about all this, i dont want my jax setup to be destroyed. will the tress remain primarily the same with some underused masteries removed, or is it an entire revamp, which will be more or less unrecognizable. cause once again, i dont want my jax setup ruined.

Turbo164

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

With Surge gone, how will Cho reach max size? T_T