FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

11-12-2012

I run a 15/15 mastery page to get 4% CDR + .45% per level. It makes playing Wukong and Renekton much easier for me since I can just get Brutalizer and have about 20% CDR late game.

Can I do this next season?

zanither456

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningLight View Post
Awesome ^_^ the only thing I'm worried about is barrier though because a lot of mages could take it against Brand, Malzahar and Annie for example :/
IMO that is just one way to counter the champion you're up against. But on the flip side you have just used up a summoner spell to negate damage rather than dishing it out. So basically like they stated, it's entirely a play style sort of thing and its up to you to decide how you're going to play. Over all a great addition in my book.

Elemantalism

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildThingMB View Post
But surge was the only thing made a 6 stack cho' gath even bigger.
I feel your pain, but you still have Lulu man, still have Lulu *friendly patting on the shoulder*

TheArtemist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedievalMan View Post
Surely you jest half of the champs stated never build AP and don't need it. Many of the champs don't need either stat why make such a big invalid post.
Thats the whole point, most of them dont build AP, so never get to use their ratios on some spells at all. For example Xin Zhao, heals for 0.7 AP every 3rd hit with his Battle cry. Now usually you'd never see AP on a Xin (other than trin force maybe or if you're SivHD), but that heal for 110 every 3rd hit with surge up and attacking 40% faster might be just what a person might like to do instead of igniting or exhausting (or used in combination with if you're feeling audacious)

Sion, played AD with his ult and surge heals his team like the base fountain, and while you're in there, an extra 90 on your sheild is just great while you're in the thick of it

WackoWhizz369

11-12-2012

YAY!! new spells are gonna be sweet. but are you sure you can't keep surge?? For AD characters I used it all the time in team fights because you can get more hits in. Ignite doesnt do the job for me because it's only a single-target spell. With surge I could pop it and it would be my AD damage instead of a set amount of damage for ignite wich helps a lot more. I will agree it is a pretty large niche spell but getting rid of it is gonna take out a powerful option for AD champions.

Sastake

11-12-2012

Maybe ghost could give instantly a lot more movement speed and then slowly decrease the amount of bonus of its duration. so that you can get out quickly and if you dont then you cant run away forever.

ItSoCuggaly

11-12-2012

can we get another item that gives a ward, one aimed for supprots or champions that would go mid

ReaverKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Persoanlly I don't understand Promote as a mechanic right now.

I really LIKE the spell and I like the idea of augmenting the minions but I don't have the slightest clue if there's any way to use it "correctly".

For one, even if it doesn't take up a Summoner Spell slot, who would build/buy it? Junglers, Supports and Carries either have no use for it or Promote actively impairs their laning/ganking ability.

Secondly, since the augmented minion is uncontrollable (even if you do get the gold from its kills) and since its just as dumb as regular minions; outside of minion pushes in Dominion or augmenting an empty lane it has minimal use.

What's more, Since teamfights are so critical to deciding the game, Promote is a non-choice because it adds little, if anything directly to teamfights.

About the only think its good for is "putting a pin" in pushed lanes to cover going B or for clandestinely split-pushing.

metafoxx

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Surge is being removed because it isnt always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche wed like Ignite to fill.
So you guys want there to be more summoner spell variety, but you're taking away the only damage-related spell other than ignite, which you are nerfing. So now if you want a primarily offensive summoner spell, ignite is your only option. Also, you're removing Surge because you don't know how to use it? That's like removing Vayne's ult because "we can't figure out how it works". You use it before committing to a fight. It benefits characters who use AP and AS. It gives raw stats, how is that hard to understand? The problem with surge wasn't that it was confusing, it's that it was overly niche-y, much the same way as the item Nashor's Tooth. There are only a select few characters who benefit well from both of the stats it gives (fizz,jax,kog,kayle). The way to fix that would be to increase the stat gain so that even if using it for only one stat, the buff was still worth it, or (more likely) simply change the stats it gives you to be less hero-specific, like AP and AD or maybe CDR and a buff to either AP or bonus AD depending on which your hero has more of.

Surge did have problems, and I expected changes to it, but not removal, and certainly not for as wishy-washy of a reason as that.

leosoh4699

11-12-2012

sounds great! i always hated getting expanded mind for manaless casters lol or was that just stupid of me?