FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aScMixed

11-12-2012

sure hope they don't make burst mages even more useless

banewlf

Recruiter

11-12-2012

Is there any consideration made to the fact that Flash is essentially a required summoner for everyone but a very small pool of champions who take Ghost instead (Olaf, Singed, Hecarim are the only ones that come to mind), or is it just a given that your 1st summoner slot will be taken by a mobility affecting ability (barring some junglers)? The way I see it now, we effectively have 1 summoner slot. Not that this necessarily leads to bad gameplay,

I'm just curious if this is an intended effect, part of your philosophy, or if you honestly expect that a cooldown increase will change this? I think it's pretty clear that literally no amount of nerfing will change what champions do and do not take flash, as the ability just gives you a totally unique effect that works along a completely different axis as basically everything else in the game. In other words, there is nothing that can replace Flash and what it does is obscenely powerful in a game based on mobility.

VICTIMOFKFC

11-12-2012

Will heimerdinger and karma's rework come in season 3?

Zaenos

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
Xerath would like his ammo system now
He and Kha'Zix both, man, he and Kha'Zix both...

mizardo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Hey Feral Pony, could you give a try to this suggestions?
Its a possible clean fix for flash / ignite and a change for the last mastery on utility tree based on those summoner changes:

First for summoners:

The main problem with flash is the jail free card is so attractive vs the most summoners and nerfing the cooldown isn't enough for the utility given. This spell needs a remake:
My proposal is:

Flash

• Now when you take damage, you couldn't use the spell for 3 seconds
  • New Mastery deep in utility tree removes this cooldown on damage
  • Reverted the cooldown nerfs

So, if you want to have a jail free card, you will sacrifice some damage/defenses for it.

Something similar for ignite, the main role of ignite is the heal counter, but the true damage portion makes it too op, it's the perfect finisher.
My proposal:

Ignite
  • True damage component removed, now does one half of the damage as physical and other half as magical.
  • New Mastery deep in utility tree makes it true damage again and buff the heal reduction

Now you need to take in account the resistances from the target before using it.

Based on this changes, remake the old boring last mastery on utility tree for a second greater Summoner Buff:

Mastermind: Greatly Improves all summoning spells.
  • Flash: removes the cooldown on damage
  • Ignite: does true damage and heal reduction is increased to 75%
  • Teleport: reduces cooldown by 50 seconds
  • Clarity: Increase the mana pool from the owner and nearby allies by 15% for 10 seconds, restoring the 15% mana increased in the process
  • Clairvoyance: Reveals stealth units for 2 second the remaining time behaves normally
  • Barrier: Increase the shield given by 25%
  • Revive: reduces cooldown by 100 seconds
  • Cleanse: Lower the duration of incoming disables by 95% (still could be interrupted)
  • Heal: Restores 25% more health to nearby allies
  • Garrison: Increases cast range from 1000 to 3000
  • Exhaust: 25% slow for all champions near the target
  • Ghost: 25% of the buff to nearest allies

Samoano09

11-12-2012

this is soo good

*Reduce “wasted” points

FraggingBard

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Finally, we’ll be removing both Promote and Surge. We’re creating an item with an effect like Promote since it makes sense as a strategic option, and having it as a buy-in strategy means we’ll be able to better balance the effect in relation to its gold cost. Surge is being removed because it isn’t always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche we’d like Ignite to fill.
Would you mind explaining what that particular niche is? It seems I see the game very differently to your templates. For instance, I'd use Ignite to cut down healing in lieu of buying a dedicated item for it (And Executioners isn't available anywhere but SR anyway), or to pop off a running champion who has 30hp left. As a melee AP/AS'er, Surge was instead a melee combat spell. I can't use it to take down running champions, I can't use it to cut down on healing and the damage from Ignite is somewhat negligible, especially when compared to what a champion can put out at 18.

I didn't view Surge unclear so much as a niche spell. There's not too many AP AS DPS'ers, Diana, Kog, Eve, Fizz, Teemo, and Kayle are the only champions who come to mind. Sometimes useful on Jax, could be used in some Tristana builds if you like finishing people off with Rocket Jump, and Akali could make use of it early on to proc her passive at critical moments. Most other AS champions will generally be using AD and/or the AP won't affect their damage like Skarner or Olaf.

Sure, having a summoner spell for 5 champions with 4 optionals isn't really something an investor would get behind, but it's a nice spell for those particular champions. Absolutely useless for everyone else, but they're taking Flash/Ignite/Barrier anyway which would be why you're boosting the CD's on Flash/Ignite, lowering the time on Barrier, and making countless threads telling people to diversify. :P Seems diversity is one of those company plaques which everyone talks about but secretly despises and designs around.

Off that topic, will the promote item be as strong as the promote spell? And perhaps more importantly, will it build from a GP10 item so supports can buy it?

Siluedarin

11-12-2012

OMG!!!!! Stop discussing and launch the damn patch!

SilverChiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I really don't get why you're removing Surge, it's the only summoner spell left which I can rely on to get me through a lot of things! You should at least leave it in for people who can figure out how to use it right...

Killerst2

11-12-2012

I am soo happy about all the changes!!! cant wait till i can actually learn how to play a support :P