FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I had a cool thought not long ago. I thought, wouldn't it be neat if we blurred the line between "utility" as a mastery tree and "utility" as something people use to describe what someone does in a team fight? To that end, I thought it might be neat if there were a mastery point deep in the utility tree that said something along the lines of: "When you use an ability on an ally, that ally's spells cause them to slow their targets by X%." Yes, overpowered, but it's just a line of thinking that I'd like to pass on to Riot.

If we're switching Heal to be more for saving allies than saving oneself, it'd be nice if it had just a bit farther range. Also, combine it with clarity already.

swordcookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I'm actually a bit sad you guys are removing Surge. It's not picked often, and rarely used, but it's such a fun spell to use. Since you guys are adding more supportish summoner spells, maybe it'd be possible to change the effect into an aura? (Obviously with weaker stats/reduced duration). Kind of like Sivir's ultimate.

But, that's just a suggested change to make the spell STRONG. I honestly find the spell fine as it is, but just not picked often.

unionr35

11-12-2012

I'm not gonna get use to not being useful, barrier is cool but how can it stop burst damage when ignite and exhaust is the most over used spells. when can energy champs more like shen be useful, lee sin makes the other energy champs not really feel like the pages matter. darius and rengar, trinity force over 350% bonus damage on top thier spells that already deal bonus damage.

this sounds like assassins, mages and ad carries are getting most of the benefit other than tanks and supports.

DinoAri

11-12-2012

Can we look forward to some champion specific masteries or summoners? Kinda like Bonetooth for Rengar

Gash

11-12-2012

cool

General Quackers

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordcookie View Post
I'm actually a bit sad you guys are removing Surge. It's not picked often, and rarely used, but it's such a fun spell to use. Since you guys are adding more supportish summoner spells, maybe it'd be possible to change the effect into an aura? (Obviously with weaker stats/reduced duration). Kind of like Sivir's ultimate.

But, that's just a suggested change to make the spell STRONG. I honestly find the spell fine as it is, but just not picked often.
Surge conflicted with itself and was overall worse damage output than Ignite. There was no possible way to tweak Surge to make it useful without making it mandatory for all damage champs. The design of AP + AS is flawed all the way down to champion creation. It's flawed in itemization as well. The concept just doesn't work well in LoL.

Jack the Homo

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexHard View Post
Why is a QA in-charge of changing Summoner Spells... How does Surge compete with Ignite... They are not in the same PS category? Are we * when tanks choose Barrier? Did you think about Turret diving with Barrier? You want more of the specific PS roles to be filled but reduce the number of Summoner Spells... What happens when Heim's passive and Turret Defense are combined? Heim's passive, Q, Barrier, and Tower Defense?

Surge will open up specific PS roles and make different roles within champions more viable and distinguish them as such. Think of Kayle, Teemo, Fizz.
In LoL, Ignite generalizes. It does not distinguish specific PS roles.
Especially if you decrease the number of Summoner Spells.

Fail.

Please fix
You can turret dive with heal at the moment as well, so I don't quite see your logic.
Turret defense increases YOUR armour against Turrets, not the Turret's armour. Even if it did increase the turrets armour, maybe Heimerdinger would become viable again I fail to see this as a bad thing.

Other than Kayle, Teemo, Fizz who can use surge properly? Cho'gath? Jax? The thing is, even though surge can be used by these guys, ignite does a better job of it.

I spent 13900 IP

11-12-2012

Cool story but we haven't heard anything about Heim or other stale champs desperately needing their re-work. We have new mobile assassins popping up at every chance and several characters like our Heim who have been long-forgotten.

Epicn00b

11-12-2012

Does anyone find it ironic that the new spells introduced in season 2 are being removed?

I have this feeling....that any new summoner spells they put in for the beginning of season 3 are going to suck.

Barrier doesn't count because it was put in the game in the near end of season 2.

VanillaCrunch

11-12-2012

OMG YES! Barrier for Karthus ult.....