FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

michelada

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
It is. Ignite lasts 5 seconds, while Barrier lasts about 2.5 if I recall the new numbers correctly (though things are still subject to change)
wow 2.5 secs its a lot , barrier will be really op

FN Draglid

11-12-2012

Will barrier be the same as it is in ARAM ? or will it be undergoing some changes ?

Clerigon

11-12-2012

Is there any change of how many mastery points you get per level?

Zynz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Not a question or anything, just wanted to throw a post in here hopefully it's seen by riot staff saying a big thank you. I played a lot of DotA before coming here both on ROC and TFT (took me a long time to swap actually was a dead community on ROC b4 i played TFT but I digress) and when I first started LoL I didn't think it was going to keep up but with all of your constant updating and the really good community communication (most of the time) I have really enjoyed this game. I played like 5 DotA 2 games when I started LoL and being a huge DotA player before shows how much I like this game as I don't play any DotA anymore.

TLDR; thank you to all riot staff for making this game so amazing with constant updates and solid community involvement

GrizlakMonger

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoKorean View Post
GG barrier in top lane means nobody dies ever
I can't see this spell staying in summoner's rift for more than one patch cycle. They are making changes to decrease passivity in the game, yet add a summoner who's passivity affect will actually outweigh the changes to lane camp junglers, early armor/MR stacking in masteries, and penetration calculation combined.

And to be honest, I'd actually rather play with enemy jungler camping my lane top than have an opponent with barrier (even though I can also run barrier) since it just disincentives any sort of engagement. When enemy jungler is camping my lane, it is pulling pressure off the rest of my team, so you man up and deal with the lane camp rather than cry to Riot. Barrier will have the same affect on the flow of the lane but without any benefit to the rest of the team. (I still prefer to reduce early GP/10 brush camping AND not have barrier though)

Atlanis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
No word on Clarity yet?

Every Summoner spell shows a purpose beyond level 3. Clarity is the only Summoner Spell that ceases to exist past that level.

Why can't you make it viable somehow? Like give it a powerful Passive ability while it's on cooldown or something.

The game doesn't need noob traps. I've played through levels 1-30. I didn't need Clarity even at those early levels when I first started. Why should anyone? Letting low level players rely on Clarity to manage their mana only serves delay their ability to improve. Would that not be detrimental to your game? Just Remove it from all player's options once they hit level 30 or something. Clarity isn't a Summoner Spell once you hit Ranked, it's a warning sign for the allies. It's a Summoner Spell whose express purpose is to force a dodge.
There was talk about making mana-based champions actually have a resource to manage late-game, so it could come back into play.

Cerulean Laser

11-12-2012

I hope AD Carries don't use barrier so us Assassin Champ players can burst them down during a team fight. >___>

Protossij

11-12-2012

Can you give us some detailed preview about summoners like Exhaust, Cleanse, Clairvoyance and Revive?

Exhaust and Clairvoyance were very popular at bot lane, but after heal buff there are no Clairvoyances and only supports pick Exhaust which was a good choice on ad carries.

Cleanse isn't popular, because it have too long cooldown in my opinion. It's often better to buy QSS rather than pick up Cleanse, even besides this that it gives crowd control reduction.

Revive is considered as trollpick in current meta and it should be changed.

Hidden Sniper

11-12-2012

Guys... It wasn't that the minion damage decreasing was OP, it was that combined with the 15% damage nerf on minions during season 2!

Seriously... You do **** like that and then afterward are like: "Oh, why is this, this way? It couldn't be anything that we did, it has to be this other thing." Another example would be the Swain nerfs. That is why he was doing poorly so you buffed him. It wasn't whatever else you said was the problem, it were your nerfs that killed his ability in fights. =.='

Al3x4ndar

11-12-2012

Please don't tell me you're not removing/changing Deadliness? It's the biggest waste of mastery points. You need to invest 4 mastery points to get 9 AD at level 18. At least make it flat instead of scaling, that way you'd have 9 AD on level 1 if you invested 4 points in it, which would help with early lasthitting. But 9 AD at level 18 is waste of 4 mastery points.