FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BullsFinest01

Recruiter

12-04-2012

I think ashe need a change of her visual or classic costume. getting kinda old +}

Kylewithasmile

12-04-2012

Omg irelia can have 90% tenacity omg with defence masteries new 35% items and passive also no new runes??

Ardarail

12-04-2012

I don't know if this point has been brought up but I think that the pickpocket mastery is kind of op for ranged poking supports like Sona. Support like Taric and Leona aren't going to benefit from this mastery NEARLY as much and so as a result will probably slowly fall behind in gold.
You might say "Oh but melee attacks receive 2 more gold than ranged attacks!"
That doesn't really help seeing as one of Sona's main purposes is too auto attack and poke as much as possible. This is going to far outclass the amount of gold earned by and champion such a Leona, who's purpose is too initiate and cc the enemies, not poke from a distance.
I think that this mastery is going to alienate melee supports and make champions like Sona a must pick or ban in every game.

GreyHunter4

12-04-2012

I'm disappointed in the point restrictions in the mastery trees. Let me put my points where I want without forcing me to spend points on stuff I don't, with the exception of the final point in each tree.

0NuBee0

12-04-2012

The new masteries screwed over Akali, Kat, and Kennen. For additional spell vamp it would only require getting points in summoners insight, good hands, and swiftness. The new masteries now force us to pick an additional utility point before considering spell vamp/lifesteal bonuses. These champs don't need mana or mana regen, and improved recall is imo pretty much a waste. And temporary increased ward vision? Are you serious? What was wrong with it being permanent? And "we don't want don't want players to feel like they're playing a new game"? I feel like I have no clue whats going on or how to build and some of us don't want to have to relearn the game in order to find out. How the hell are new players supposed to learn ALL these new champs, items, and gameplay concepts when the players who've been playing for YEARS are still trying to learn.You may play this game for a living and may be getting bored of it as are most pros IMO you've royally screwed over the rest of us who play this GAME as a hobby and don't have time to keep up with every detail you squeeze out. This is too much at once and you really need to go back to the drawing board on this one.

Blackenese

12-04-2012

Surge might of not been useful for some champs but man did I love using it on teemo.. ill miss that summoner spell so tell me why is it going to be removed??? my only thought is its because no one uses it (but me!!!!)

leeman727

12-04-2012

Move Vampirism from the support tree, get rid of the extra 25 gold mastery it's far from anything important, biscuitier might sound like a stupid mastery but it's far superior in every way with its sub talent tree giving the ward. Make it easier for us supports to ward and gain gold in lane this has always been the issue. Still a lot of mediocre skills in the Utility tree... -.-

Deventhor

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deventhor View Post
Dunno what to make of the new mastery trees :| Very mixed feelings.

For example: Aren't spellvamp and lifesteal defensive options for damage characters (ie, AD/AP carries who would otherwise have no means of keeping themselves alive), so why are they situated in the 3rd tier support masteries? At least when lifesteal was in offensive it made sense. If not in offensive though, why not make them tier one defensive, as they also tend to help keep fighters/tanks going. I've just never seen the need for either effect to be present on a support character seeing as they're not meant to take cs or kills.

Also, being that the new defensive tree has 2 more options over-all (old def tree had 16, new has 18), I feel they should combine the armour/resist masteries in the same way they combined LS and SV. That way, pure defensive players can still utilise the new defensive options whilst not having to sacrifice either armour or resist.

These are just my opinions though, so agree with them or don't, it doesn't really matter. In either case, the new masteries will take some getting used to.
Well, it's official. I hate the new masteries. The funny thing is that I've seen at least 3 other people make the same judgement as I have about vampirism (IT SHOULD NOT BE A TIER 3 SUPPORT).
Also, with Riot trying to nerf sustain a bit, the defense tree is pretty much unusable to me. I used to have 3 pages (9/21/0 [ad], 9/21/0 [ap], and 0/21/9 [mana]) set up depending on my tanky needs.. now you pretty much have to go PURE defensive in order to be effective as a tank. Lame, Riot. Lame.

SnowFall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I thought nothing could surprise me but I was wrong, you really nerfed clarity.
It may be better for the ones with 4k mana, but the champion majority of clarity users have about 1k mana, and with 40% that will be 300 mana less than before. Come on, clarity was bad already and you seriously couldn't think about that?

MistoryMon

12-04-2012

Why did you guys remove the energy buffs from masteries all together?... expanded mind no longer has energy buff.