FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doran Nhika

11-17-2012

Don't forget to remove executioners calling.

McDott3

11-17-2012

I love surge.....

melonnnn

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
This specifically has changed. You are correct Lifesteal didn't really belong in the offense tree. Lifesteal and Spellvamp are now bundled into the same mastery inside Utility. While it may not be popular among AD carry players to lose the LS from the offense tree, Utility as a whole has been made a more attractive choice for all character types.
This is a terrible idea

what you should do is remove havoc and put the spellvamp masteries instead.

Beside the fact that havoc is what you call a "trap" (it just looks good on paper),
you put the lifesteal/spellvamp deep in the utility tree,Supports wont get this because this is useless for them,and no one else will waste so many points for such a small amount.

Also,mixing them thogeder is a bad idea,there are only like 3 champs that benefit from that.

Scr0tal Torment

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Finally, well be removing both Promote and Surge.

Surge is being removed because it isnt always clear when to use it or which champions benefit from it. In the end, Surge is a competing spell in a niche wed like Ignite to fill.

Surge is pretty clear on what it does. Just like items that have attack speed boost actives, surge is a summoners spell that does this. This makes it a great spell for that early game AS boost to get that guaranteed kill, instead of them getting away with 10 hp.

I feel comparing surge and ignite is comparing apples and oranges. Ignite is a damage spell that is mostly helpful in getting that kill on a runner, whereas surge gives AS boost. They both have the same endgame, but surge allows the summoner to utilize their autoattack, which probably has a larger range then the smallllll range that ignite currently has.

tl;dr? : Surge is good and should not be removed.

Qsario

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Singed should like the new Utility Tree
Hmm... pickpocket Singed robbing the entire enemy team with the poison trail?

Pair him with a good Cassiopia mid and I think it's GG.

Venom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-17-2012

dafk

nohj3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

no purpose for surge? ****e without that i lose my early game advantage on fizz, and my teemo goes down a notch, my kog mid game in the middle lane gets shot... i mean i use surge on almost every champ i own... hmm so is there some equivalent replacement? if not ill start reworking some ideas lol wouldn't be the first time i had to overall some champ builds
ty for reading

Mykail1

11-17-2012

I think surge was a nice spell.
Also, REMOVE REVIVE FROM DOMINION PLEASE

NeoSithGamer

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doran Nhika View Post
Don't forget to remove executioners calling.
are you serious?? if they did that, a replace to said would need to be made because it's a very useful item but the active for it... that's a different story

Krystalmyth

11-18-2012

Losing Surge sucks...:< I like Surge.