FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flurren

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Maple View Post
Is there an item that reduces(refreshes) flash's cooldown on kill or assist? If not, what negative affect would this have on the game?
they might let flash cd be reduced by CDR maybe not the full 40% but still

Ripp the Jacker

11-15-2012

These are good changes (Though I am concerned with Barrier), I'm gonna miss teleport promote Shen though.

InsaneTang

11-15-2012

That sucks Surge is awsome and what its main use is for is destroying towers on a quick to need bases exspecially in the beginning of the game (when attack speed is so slow). So for example if we make it to the tower or I solo my way to a tower then I will use surge to increase my attack speed so take out an towers or inhibitors quickly. Unfortunately ignite can't take out an towers or inhibitors. You really need to keep surge but this is just from a one users prespective.

treef0rm

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanui View Post
I was under the somewhat silly assumption that these changes and the beginning of season 3 would coincide with the end of season 2.

I'm more interested in when we can expect these changes to come.
Same here, it seemed like they were having trouble with the patch so I assumed it was because they had these changes in that patch...

Seems like last patch was an in-between season patch that left me a little disappointed.

Why would our placement matches in ranked happen before key changes that will affect the season?

Roisterer

11-15-2012

Will there be a replacement for surge's size increase?

Because I'm a Cho'gath player, and Cho'gath with six stacks and a Lulu support is pretty much the best thing ever. Just. Ever.

ValisFan

11-15-2012

I'm very against removing surge. It has its uses and its a plain fun spell to use. I use it on champions like Jax, Warwick, Diana, and Volibear- because they all benefit from the attack speed increase and bonus AP. Surge is nothing like Ignite, activating surge during 1 on 1 melee fights often means the difference between losing and winning.

Its always better to win a melee fight with surge than to activate ignite and be killed by the opponent and have the opponent die after you due to ignite's damage or due to another team member. That bonus AP helps in many ways that ignite's damage does not, like providing bonus AP for spells to do damage or spells that shield or heal.

Surge also has its uses on junglers. I often use it instead of smite because its a fun way to jungle. It has some advantages like being able to kill towers or the dragon quicker. Its also good on 1 on 1 fights if you encounter the enemy jungler.

The Maherster

11-15-2012

Just with the heal changes.... Can you then make it that the amount healed cannot be reduced by grievous wounds?
Because otherwise half the current heal, playing as a support against an ignite and mf? Your heal will heal LESS than the damage ignite deals.
I'd really rather not lose the viability of picking heal as Taric. His q heals aren't that good early game, and you really need that little extra in order to compete with people who have huge chunks of heals (Soraka, Janna at lvl 6, Sona)

Warice

11-15-2012

no more darius lol

ATF1206

11-15-2012

I'd like to post in support of Surge or a similar replacement.

One reason which may or may not have been mentioned in the 100+ previous posts is that surge allows AP characters to jungle when they otherwise would not be able. Though this is not something that sees much use in top level play, it certainly opens up a lot of options. Many AP characters perform surprisingly well as junglers once they make it through their first pass, and no other summoner spell than surge currently helps complete that first difficult jungle pass (besides smite, obv).

Thanks for all the updates however and keep up the great work.

guilepro

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warice View Post
no more darius lol
what do u mean?
why r u saying this? is there a post i didnt see about darius??