FeralPony and Roku Discuss Preseason Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrivaled Boss View Post
Vlad. Barrier, Ghost. Tower Diving at level 2 like a boss, yet again. See previous post.

(For those newer players who don't remember early Vlad, here is your set. Harass with level 1 Q, screw farming. This zones them, you hit 2 first... It actually -helps- if their jungler ganks you now. Auto-attack, Q, Auto-attack while running at their turret, pop ghost and pool... sit under them with the pool until they've almost nothing left, come out of the pool, hit them with a Q on the way out. The barrier now lets Post-Repeated-Nerf-Vlad now do this once again, as all they did really was lower his early game survivability for dives such as this, the barrier no matter how small makes up for this, being as he can already almost get away with it lacking about 50-70 hp to pull it off clean. Escape through their jungle. Fin. Repeat until they swap mid lanes, then do it to them.)

For Quality Assurance, you must not actually -play- very often. Me, and those like me, who've played since 2009, are going to capitalize on this summoner spell, and the 'Tower Dive' Mastery, until you either remove it and stick it back where it belongs (proving grounds), or ensure that the only games played are ranked, being as we got bored of ranked about a week after you came out with it.

So far the only intelligent changes I've seen are those to the jungle. Step it back up, RIOT, or have you forgotten your original creed of 'This game will never merely be about making money..." as stated by Udyr some two and a half years ago.
Can't Vlad already do that with Heal, which is actually improved by Tides of Blood AND Spirit Visage? (You knew that Heal was affected by both, right?) If not, it's unlikely that Barrier will change it.

Mastermavric

11-14-2012

Awesome. Because Surge was only decent on Yi.

Renegade Falcon

11-15-2012

is the patch done yet?

Necruse

11-15-2012

Hey do you guys take player feedback into account? or do you just tweak
things based on how "they should be"
well personally.. I liked fortify... then again I liked having stronger minions and towers too :c
frankly I don't care for most of the changes.. though I do hope the accomplish what they are meant to

Drummuh Dude

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
The one mastery we are adding specifically gold related in Utility is a mastery called "Pickpocket" that grants gold upon attacking an enemy champion.
Does this refer specifically to autoattacks, or will abilities such as Sona's Crescendo or Taric's Dazzle still proc the bonus gold?

Cyrus Blackmoon

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
We won't be doing Synergy as there are a few issues with it that Morello talked about in a previous post. Most of the gold pressure reduction is going to be outside the mastery changes through a number of smaller adjustments (gold flow changes, items like the Sight Stone Xypherous revealed earlier etc).

The one mastery we are adding specifically gold related in Utility is a mastery called "Pickpocket" that grants gold upon attacking an enemy champion. This will allow active supports a bit more gold while harassing their opponents, while also being useful for other character types that spec into deep into Utility.
So a support that uses mostly defensive masteries would not be able to get to this? I run my Leona, Taric, Blitz, Ali and Nunu with mostly defense and some utility, so it's a bit harder to get gold than with the more squishy supports.

Zacoly

11-15-2012

Surge was a fun option for making champions big. I used it along with storm shield and lulu's ult to make Santa Gragas about the size of the gap in the walls in the bottom lane in Dominion. It was pretty awesome!
I'll miss it when it's gone...

Would it be possible to replace it with something that simply increases defenses drastically making tanks into super damage soakers while being bigger like tanks like to be?
I don't want to say good-bye to bigness.

Mephilis

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownSA View Post
Spell vamp is really different to lifesteal though..... you are never really gonna buy more than 1 spell vamp item in game whilst you may well buy two or more lifesteal items....
IMHO spellvamp isnt really similiar to lifestea at all...
That's because they're is like what, two spell vamp items you can build to? One which is more suited for supports, and one that is more suited for hybrids but still works dispite its high cost due to the hybrid attributes. Also spell vamp is always a unique passive... so you cannot stack it like you can with blood thirsters or whatever you use. I think Spell vamp needs to become more useful for ap casters, like maybe an item that is just for spell vamp with ap that is not WOTA, because I do not like how all you get is 80 ap from two 40 ap items, makes it seem not worth it to me... but that's just me...

DaveyBinkers

11-15-2012

Ya supports need more masteries for gold flow support masteries should also have something like 20% bonus aura for certain items or even overall.

Jahpocalypse

11-15-2012

Boo for surge removal I NEED BIGGER CHOGATH!!!