Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is it acceptable to treat banned people like trash?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krimson62

11-12-2012

Quote:
Superbone1:
Why do we treat banned players like they are beneath us? Because they ARE. They have been banned for mistreating others. Ever heard the phrase "be a better man"? Yeah.

Then be a better man and treat them the way you would like to be treated... not how they would treat you

Engasta

11-12-2012

Quote:
ManningsDragons:
This logic is killing me. "This guy is a jerk to other people, better be a jerk back to him, that will solve the problem." And by being a jerk to him you would logically be open to people being a jerk to you. Never ending cycle.

Like I said, this represents a fundamental flaw possible in an individual's concept of justice.

Anyone who subscribes to this fallacy is merely shielding their own ego with a victim complex in a way to excuse their own actions. It is broken and requires therapy to fix. Its literally symptomatic of a personality disorder.

Its not something that the community can fix and it isn't a problem we should have to deal with. They need to go get help before they can participate in a society that requires you to take responsibility for your own actions and have a normal sense of justice.

Edit: This is no reason to treat them like trash. They're just broken people. Some deserve pity and others don't, but one thing is damn sure and that's the fact that they shouldn't be playing this game until they change for real.

Thivus

11-12-2012

Quote:
Superbone1:
Why do we treat banned players like they are beneath us? Because they ARE. They have been banned for mistreating others. Ever heard the phrase "be a better man"? Yeah.

i don't think you understand what that phrase means, given the way you're describing it

"**** talk people because they **** talk you" is not being the better man

Fuggly

11-12-2012

I posted not to brag, but to illustrate the point that the tribunal is pretty much pointless. A smokescreen if you will, The tribunal bans people yes, but what is the point to banning if people like myself can just keep creating new accounts? There is no fear of punishment, what the Tribunal does is not punishment, it is merely a setback. I can only speak for myself, but I enjoy low level games, it is far more relaxing then once you hit 30, therefore I have absolutely no problem starting new accounts and will continue to do so. Telling me I am a piece of chit , and various other forms of colorful language in no way makes you any better. If you must stoop to my level, then you are stooping pretty low and rubbing shoulders with me in the process. If you feel the need to massage your ego by insulting others, do it directly to them, not hiding behind the public fassad of General Discussion while hoping to garner the suport of your peers in order to make yourself feel better. Grow up, get a life, mature a bit, when you see ******bags like me, move along and be better then me. If not, then you are always welcome to come and sit a spell at my fireplace and fuel the flames...............

Kingpotato

11-12-2012

This is hilarious, the trash members of lol that are getting banned, are the ones who ruin games for everyone then they ***** and moan that they get treated the same way they treat others?

Oh nom nom your tears a delicious, banned people get treated like trash because they typically are. Same thing happens to people who go to prison in real life.

diggyla

11-12-2012

These players who are mistreating the banned players are clearly breaking the summoner's code themselves. There is no debating this fact. They deserve bans if they continuously do it. Too bad there is no report button on these forums.

HolyHammerStrike

11-12-2012

Quote:
Krimson62:

"Stop being a dickwad"

"Reform card or stfu."

"stop being a tool."

"you deserve it f*ktard."

The first one is kind of stating the obvious and rude.

The second is usually used when they give some sorry sob story without proof and that proof being the report card.

The third is the same as the first

The fourth see first and third.

As for the ones I cut out I've never seen them used before in the threads pertaining to people banned by the tribunal.

Malefic Vision

11-12-2012

Quote:
Krimson62:
These are all quotes from comments left to people who got suspended/banned by the tribunal

"Stop being a dickwad"

"must be hard to be a decent human being, your parents must have been garbage tier.
found your problem, sorry can't help change your toxic upbringing."

"Reform card or stfu."

"You got reported for being a whiney d0uchebag"

"stop being a tool."

"no one cares you ****"

"Shut up you gay sheep man."

"you deserve it f*ktard."

"ur a faget"

Now mind you if these people had said this stuff in game they would be facing the same wrath of the tribunal as the users they are speaking to.

Why is it acceptable to treat people this way just because they got banned? It shouldn't be.

If they're going to ban people for something as small as calling someone a noob, or being annoying, why is behavior like this acceptable?

This community loves to crucify people, and for many it's only so they can mock the party who was already punished.

I have never been banned, i don't think i'll ever be banned. That still does not give me the right to treat people who have been like they are beneath me.

Why is it ok to swear at them, call them dicks and ****, but in game they are so senstive towards any aggression?

Because they're probably whiney, douchbag, dickwad, toxic, too, fagget, gay sheep men. or whatever else u said.

punching people is wrong. if someone punches you and you punch them back, are you as bad as them? no.

Zetsubou

11-12-2012

Because its a game of immature kids governed by immature kids.

I'm sure if the people who auto-punish in the tribunal could give a brief statement to be send to the persons email upon a ban it would be something along the lines of "lol get fukd noob lol owned enjoy ur ban scrub"

"lol i downvote ur post cuz fck u!!! hahaha let me go vote in the tribunal now"
"oh u didnt do anything wrong and were punished anyway? lol TL;DR i would punish 2 well deserved ban u mad bro?"

One of the worst communities on the internet and reading these forums/playing the game is a testament to that.

Also there are lots of things Riot puts in place to encourage this type of behavior.

ddaimyo

11-12-2012

Why is it acceptable to lock some people in cages and not others? It's the same thing? The fact that they are convicted felons doesn't matter!