Why is it acceptable to treat banned people like trash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arclune

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
And if you treat them like trash, does that mean we should treat you like trash?
Kind sir, what have I ever done to deserve such hateful comment. Did I spite you in anyway? Did I curse at anyone? If you wish to treat me as an unsophisticated brute, then I will treat you the same way. As for everyone else, they are classy gentlemen who will know what that phrase means.

Viscerott

11-12-2012

I felt the hate flowing through here long before i stepped foot into this thread. So many vile responses out weigh the positive it just broadens my day and causes my Gavel arm to tremble with delight!

For all those here that are spitting venom quickly go queue up into a game real quick while the poison still remains fresh within you. Then eventually i shall see even more and more reports of toxic players pour in as it adds fuel to my Strong Arm.

Do not deny yourselves to be blessed by The Hammer of Justice! For you will eventually end up there in due time... trust me...

StoneColdSteve

11-12-2012

it's because everyone in the community has had games ruined and rage induced by banworthy players at some point. then, when they see one outside of a game, they voice their opinion of that type of player.

if your car got broken into on a regular basis, your windows smashed and stereo stolen, and then you read a whiny qq post from a car stereo thief about how they are so opressed by the justice system, you might understandably take some glee in the distress they feel upon recieving their comeuppance. you might even be tempted to rub some salt in their wounds as a sort of vengeance-by-proxy.

i don't feel sorry for players who get banned. i'm not sorry that they are treated with scorn by the community. they DESERVE to be treated with scorn because they have proven that they are not fit to be part of this gaming community that i love. the venom leveled at these miscreants by otherwise mild-mannered summoners is appropriate as a group enforcement of social norms in the community.

Shadowmace

11-12-2012

Quote:
I was never banned... it specifically says that in the OP...

My faith in the community started well, but now it's getting downvotes.

It's sad, because it's obvious this community just wants an excuse to treat people like trash.
sorry I missed that part of the post.

If someone gets to the point where they are banned due to what they said to other players, i think it is silly for them to expect only kind words. However, that does not give others the right to treat you poorly. My point is, if you treat people like trash, you should not expect better treatment.

ManningsDragons

11-12-2012

Quote:
And if you treat them like trash, does that mean we should treat you like trash?
This logic is killing me. "This guy is a jerk to other people, better be a jerk back to him, that will solve the problem." And by being a jerk to him you would logically be open to people being a jerk to you. Never ending cycle.

nennx

11-12-2012

its just one of the many sad parts of American culture

Krimson62

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
Case in point. Does this piece of sh*t seem about to redeem himself to you ? Does he even look sorry for whatever he did ? Nah, he "sighs" and move on to his other account, after having ruined dozens of games if not more. Oh, and he stereotypically brags about being able to post due to a well-known forum bug, great.
Now remind me why this guy would deserve as much respect as anyone else in this thread / forum ? Truth is, he doesn't. Decent posts are met with respectable behavior. Trash gets trashed. Our whole society is based on this, believe it or not.
..But I suppose some people can just go hippie and be nice with anyone no matter what. Great if it works for you, but don't try to enforce that on others.
Something tells me that guy you're quoting is just a troll.

Just downvote him and move along. you giving him attention is what a troll like that wants

Tipttt

11-12-2012

Funny how people will go "look how toxic that mother****ing *********** ******bag was" and think that they're better people.

Africa

11-12-2012

I agree completely. Hence the reason i punish any case as soon as i see a "noob" or a "fk" etc. Then they will realize how horrible the tribunal is.

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Why do we treat banned players like they are beneath us? Because they ARE. They have been banned for mistreating others. Ever heard the phrase "be a better man"? Yeah.