Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is it acceptable to treat banned people like trash?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levigasm

11-12-2012

Quote:
Mhm916:
I think you're the one that's mad. You post every 1 to 3 minutes. That and you have the most posts in this thread with all that negativity.

I simply started acting like you tribunal fanbois

Xaeonis

11-12-2012

Quote:
Krimson62:
It's a sad day when people get their jollies from others being banned, especially when many are for minor infractions

I dont understand how people go to the tribunal. I just dont.

I rage on occasion. Ill get mad at feeders. Hell, Ive even been known to spam pings left and right when my team is doing stupid sh*t.

But here I am, been playing since before release xin, never been warned, never been to the tribunal, never gotten a ban, and hell, now Ive got 2 ribbons.

If you go to the tribunal, it isnt because you 'made a mistake'. Its because you made a LOT OF MISTAKES. You werent a good player to play with, people didnt enjoy the game when you were there, and MORE THAN LIKELY, you did something WAAYYY against the rules to get reported.

I agree, SOME tribunal cases are iffy - some name calling here and there, some random insults, some guy feeds and the other just blows the hell up. That doesnt stop the MAJORITY of cases from being against ACTUAL TOXIC PEOPLE.

People who ***** about the tribunal are toxic players themselves who try and justify their own bad behavior in game.

Once again - Im not a perfect player, by ANY MEANS. But obviously, I know better than to actively ruin someone elses game for whatever reason.

Something the majority of tribunal goers might wanna learn how to do.

Nasdrovia499

11-12-2012

Everyone deserves the same amount of respect and the same rights when they're born. That's what equality truly is. What you do and become after is your own responsibility (or your parents' if you're a kid), and this determines whether you earn or lose respect and credit.
That's why nobody will blame you if you hate on a criminal, but you're expected to acknowledge the people who have a positive impact on society.

While I expect some typical "hurp it's just a game stop taking it so seriously" comments, LoL's social policy via tribunal is simply a reconstitution from that system of values. You get a ribbon, your teammates usually think you're more reliable, or at least a decent person. You get banned, people will sh*t all over your face because you deserved it.
Seriously, take a look at the guy who recently went all "Hoy Pendragon I've been permabanned on 8 different accounts, why you so mad at me, give me a chance". Do you seriously think this guy could be a valuable addition to LoL's playerbase, or even a useful contribution to these forums ? No, **** that guy.

Now if we're talking about "controversed bans" that may be reversed because the banned guy wasn't that bad, and if he provides proof for that, people usually tend to look at it objectively and be nicer.

Zhonyas

11-12-2012

"Treat others the way you would want to be treated"

Thivus

11-12-2012

because deep down inside they're the same as the people banned, but they act nice in game because they don't want to lose their precious good boy points so they go somewhere in which it's socially acceptable to tell someone to kill themselves instead of ingame

Krimson62

11-12-2012

Quote:
Xaeonis:
I dont understand how people go to the tribunal. I just dont.

I rage on occasion. Ill get mad at feeders. Hell, Ive even been known to spam pings left and right when my team is doing stupid sh*t.

But here I am, been playing since before release xin, never been warned, never been to the tribunal, never gotten a ban, and hell, now Ive got 2 ribbons.

If you go to the tribunal, it isnt because you 'made a mistake'. Its because you made a LOT OF MISTAKES. You werent a good player to play with, people didnt enjoy the game when you were there, and MORE THAN LIKELY, you did something WAAYYY against the rules to get reported.

I agree, SOME tribunal cases are iffy - some name calling here and there, some random insults, some guy feeds and the other just blows the hell up. That doesnt stop the MAJORITY of cases from being against ACTUAL TOXIC PEOPLE.

People who ***** about the tribunal are toxic players themselves who try and justify their own bad behavior in game.

Once again - Im not a perfect player, by ANY MEANS. But obviously, I know better than to actively ruin someone elses game for whatever reason.

Something the majority of tribunal goers might wanna learn how to do.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing people get banned,
I'm not saying people don't deserve the bans

It is not about what is deserved, it's about what is right no?

Their ban may be right
Them being labeled as toxic by the community may be right

Calling them douchbags, ******s, tools, ******s/holes, isn't right... It brings us down to their level. We should be better than that

Lead by example no?

ManningsDragons

11-12-2012

Because the forum rules get thrown out the window the second enough people get behind something. A guy on here was calling a player out for trolling and asking Riot for a ban. The thread ended up getting hundreds of replys and was never closed even though calling players out on the forums is strictly forbidden. People are hipacrites basically.

Xaeonis

11-12-2012

Quote:
Krimson62:
I'm not saying it's a bad thing people get banned,
I'm not saying people don't deserve the bans

It is not about what is deserved, it's about what is right no?

Their ban may be right
Them being labeled as toxic by the community may be right

Calling them douchbags, ******s, tools, ******s/holes, isn't right... It brings us down to their level. We should be better than that

Lead by example no?

The only people that get insulted on the forum are those who have gotten a time-ban of some kind from the tribunal and are trying to justify it/repeal it to the community. No one actively insults those who are trying to become better players in game.

Hell, just in the last week there have been 2 MASSIVE threads about people wanting to be better (regardless of true intentions or not) players and most of the people that posted there were harsh, and very blunt, but not insulting by any means.

Its basically like this : That guy who went to jail for robbery, got out and is now begging. He says he didnt deserve it, but obviously he went to jail. He complains that his life is now harder because of it (cant get a job/apt/food/etc). And he wants me to feel SORRY for him? Really? Nope. In fact, you get my contempt now. Because you have the GALL (def : brazen boldness coupled with impudent assurance and insolence ) to sit here and LIE to my face about how you DONT deserve what you got...

No sir. You get my insults and you take them. Swallow it and like it.

Once again - I would never actively insult someone who has the appearance of wanting to change - but Ill be damned if I should be nice to players that have actively ruined others games and now complaining because of their punishment.

Shadowmace

11-12-2012

You are complaining about the same thing you were banned for. i find it extremely hard to find sympathy for you.

TheZombiePeanut

11-12-2012

Certainly its wrong on a deep, hypocritical level to behave like those you ridicule.

All too common for people to think the tribunal is a failure because of a few outlier cases, when they don't see the 99% of cases that it does work correctly for. Anti-tribunal sentiments can only come from those who don't understand it.

If you've never gotten a ban before, I suppose its only natural to assume you're a paragon of good behavior, so one might feel justified in a holier-than-thou attitude. I'm not sure what could be done to reverse this though, if they can't already see through their downvotes (as a certain poster in this thread has demonstrated) that their attitude is incorrect.