Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is it acceptable to treat banned people like trash?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeyIJustMetYou

11-12-2012

why is it NOT acceptable for trash not to be treated like trash?

Mjaxon

11-12-2012

Quote:
Why is it acceptable to treat banned people like trash?

Because faceless lynchmobs are fun. And people don't see a problem with giving banned players a taste of their own medicine.

Quote:
Tybaulticus:
I remember seeing a player perma-banned for being a racist monster in all of his games.

Then he came on the forums and lied flat-out that he was banned because he said "God bless" every match.

Lol, I remember that topic.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1846640

General Quackers

11-12-2012

Quote:
Super Explosion:
Many, many times.

Coercion is a huge component in "getting your foot in the door" as a drug dealer.

Stealth, less so, but still prevalent. The old LSD in the fruitpunch.

Violence, even less so, but still there. Common among areas rife with prostitution.

"Sleep with me, or I'll fire you" is rape.

"Take this crack or I'll fire you" is drug dealing.

You seem to have this disconnect with reality as to what you consider more or less severe.

It's this sort of 'armchair morality' that is highly detrimental to actually making reforms, and tends to promote all-around unhelpful emotions.

That's not coercion, that's force feeding someone drugs. You can't really be this stupid; stop watching FOX and Friends.

Super Explosion

11-12-2012

Quote:
Original Duck:
That's not coercion, that's force feeding someone drugs. You can't really be this stupid; stop watching FOX and Friends.

Blackmail is coercion. You're incorrect.

Drug dealers employ a wide variety of tools to get a victim addicted to their product, from threats to promises, on willing or unwilling or undecided and impressionable persons.

That you consider it a less serious crime speaks to you being naive, or a bad person.

Drug lords harm many thousands of people each day, with the violence and desperate addiction endemic to their trade.

They don't "attack people's humanity"? Hah.

What a horrible thing to say.

General Quackers

11-12-2012

Quote:
Super Explosion:
Blackmail is coercion. You're incorrect.

Alright, then what the modern drug dealer does is not coercion. You won't find a single drug dealer forcing you to use drugs. You won't find a single drug dealer who approaches you about drugs.

That's not how their business works; that's insanely unsafe for them. I don't know where you get your information on how drug dealers act, but they're not ripping people off the street and threatening to maim their families if you don't buy/use their drugs. That's Hollywood nonsense.

The safest link to be on the drug chain is the user. The most dangerous link to be is the dealer. Unless you are dealing, don't expect to be coerced by anyone over street drug sales.

Super Explosion

11-12-2012

Quote:
Original Duck:
Alright, then what the modern drug dealer does is not coercion. You won't find a single drug dealer forcing you to use drugs. You won't find a single drug dealer who approaches you about drugs.

That's not how their business works; that's insanely unsafe for them. I don't know where you get your information on how drug dealers act, but they're not ripping people off the street and threatening to maim their families if you don't buy/use their drugs. That's Hollywood nonsense.

It is saddening to hear such separation from the world.

You have no idea.

Why don't you look up the practices of your so-called "modern drug dealer"s.

See just what nice people they are, how peaceable and laid back meth houses are.

You're the epitome of what people who live closer to hotzones of crime consider misguided and uninformed.

Highly judgmental, but not bothering to make a personal effort to understand or improve a situation.

Elite Midget

11-12-2012

Well, people love seeing justice done.

It's why some people hate Abortion but love the Death Penalty and the option to shoot anyone that looks at them wrong.

HeyIJustMetYou

11-12-2012

Quote:
Elite Midget:
Well, people love seeing justice done.

It's why some people hate Abortion but love the Death Penalty and the option to shoot anyone that looks at them wrong.

Death Penalty is wrong because it gives the maggot an easy escape.

I prefer brutal torture in an underground chamber until death.

Yummines

11-12-2012

because they deserve it?

to get perma-banned in a video game, you have to be a true ******

not my problem if you're a ******

derpius

11-12-2012

it's acceptable to treat anyone like trash. we're on the internet and don't have to deal with the repercussions of our actions.