Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is it acceptable to treat banned people like trash?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hydrochoerus

11-12-2012

Fact#1

Toxic players will eventully get banned.
Non-Toxic players will not.

downvoters.................commense!

General Quackers

11-12-2012

Quote:
Super Explosion:
Drug dealers typically employ coercion, and occasionally employ various means of force to initiate a user into the addiction cycle.

You simply have a double standard as to who you consider 'more human', as tends to be common.

If you were to hear someone was a considered rapist, regardless of the circumstances (statutory, violent, coercive) you would consider them less human than someone you have heard to be called a drug dealer, regardless of the circumstances (willing, coercive, violent).

That very attitude directly causes what you despise, and you possess it yourself.

Instead, of course, considering everyone equally human and equally worthy of attempts at reform during appropriate restraining separation from society to prevent damage.

Edit: Not to mention the amount of other violent (or otherwise) crimes promoted by the effects of drugs, including rape and molestation.

I never set a standard as to what is considered "more human". I set a standard as to what crimes are more dehumanizing or what crimes attack someone's humanity.

And this idea that a drug dealer is going to force drugs upon anyone to the extent where someone with no intetion of using becomes a severe addict is so insanely ignorant it makes my head spin.

Shyvana420

11-12-2012

This thread is retarded. Op isnt a bright crayon...

Cutty Wise

11-12-2012

"Shut up you gay sheep man."

hhaahahhahaha

MEMEME670

11-12-2012

Quote:
Original Duck:
And this idea that a drug dealer is going to force drugs upon anyone to the extent where someone with no intetion of using becomes a severe addict is so insanely ignorant it makes my head spin.

It's happened before.

Super Explosion

11-12-2012

Quote:
Original Duck:

Quote:
MEMEME670:
It's happened before.

Many, many times.

Coercion is a huge component in "getting your foot in the door" as a drug dealer.

Stealth, less so, but still prevalent. The old LSD in the fruitpunch.

Violence, even less so, but still there. Common among areas rife with prostitution.

"Sleep with me, or I'll fire you" is rape.

"Take this crack or I'll fire you" is drug dealing.

You seem to have this disconnect with reality as to what you consider more or less severe.

It's this sort of 'armchair morality' that is highly detrimental to actually making reforms, and tends to promote all-around unhelpful emotions.

MadSeer

11-12-2012

I call it like I see it: a jackass is a jackass. However I wouldn't go out of my way to go all out "lol ur a ***; no one cares about you fking ******; dickwad; ***** ****** *** licking vacuum *****". Some comments are pretty extreme and they're not any better than the guy that was just banned, but ... well...it's always fun to poke at 'em a little, just don't be extreme.

ThatGoodGuyGreg

11-12-2012

Quote:
"Stop being a dickwad"
"You got reported for being a whiney d0uchebag"
"you deserve it f*ktard."

I remember dropping these ^ comments to QQ Ban threads recently. I'd probably think those 3 lines you got are from me.

Sorry if that offended you, but I have no respect towards someone who lacks respect for others in the first place. Especially upon review of their reform cards, you see stuff like "UR FUKIN BAD GO KILL URSELF", "IF I WAS UR MOTHER I WOULDVE ABORTED" and then they'd still be clueless WHY they got banned?

Perhaps nice words won't get it through their head. The harsher method might.

I get emotional and sad when I see such comments like that and I lose all respect to the banned player when I respond to their threads.

I guess this is where the saying comes in:

Eye of an Eye, a tooth for a tooth.

OneVendetta

11-12-2012

Quote:
Krimson62:
These are all quotes from comments left to people who got suspended/banned by the tribunal

"Stop being a dickwad"

"must be hard to be a decent human being, your parents must have been garbage tier.
found your problem, sorry can't help change your toxic upbringing."

"Reform card or stfu."

"You got reported for being a whiney d0uchebag"

"stop being a tool."

"no one cares you ****"

"Shut up you gay sheep man."

"you deserve it f*ktard."

"ur a faget"

They are trash and they deserve to be treated as such. In fact, they are also trash irl. So yeah, the sooner they quit LoL and go to jail irl, the better.

DempseyRoII

11-12-2012

I see online bullies who belittle people and sometimes even egg new/bad players on to commit suicide JUST BECAUSE they are not living up to the bully's standards are MAGGOTS underneath the trash.

I perceive these online bullies similar to real life criminals who are trash both in online society and real life society respectively. They are maggots underneathe the trash, not worth anyone's time, not worth being looked at, so it's okay to just step on them repeatedly for pleasure and keep walking forward and not look back.