Why is it acceptable to treat banned people like trash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
That's a double-standard which would lead you personally to do the very thing you claim to find disgusting.

No one crime or inmate is more or less deserving of reform than another.

All inmates are appropriately separated from society to prevent damage to others, while granted a reform program targeted to help them understand why that behavior (whatever it may be) is harmful to themselves and others, and then how they can live in a mutually beneficial (or non-harmful) way with others.

To put it in perspective for you, a drug dealer willfully getting your kid (or anyone) near-permanently addicted to crack isn't something to be taken lightly.
There are different degrees of crime and certainly a drug dealer selling my kid crack should be taken more lightly than a pedophile molesting my child. In the first scenario, my child is willfully purchasing drugs from a dealer whereas in the second scenario an adult is forcing themself upon my child. It's the difference between enabling willful engagement and being a rapist.

Krshna

11-12-2012

By constantly violating the rights of others to the point of permanent banishment from the land, they have forfeited their rights, personal and of the law of the land. They are hereby subject to whatever punishment the people see fit for their crimes against the League.

Super Explosion

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
There are different degrees of crime and certainly a drug dealer selling my kid crack should be taken more lightly than a pedophile molesting my child. In the first scenario, my child is willfully purchasing drugs from a dealer whereas in the second scenario an adult is forcing themself upon my child. It's the difference between enabling willful engagement and being a rapist.
Drug dealers typically employ coercion, and occasionally employ various means of force to initiate a user into the addiction cycle.

You simply have a double standard as to who you consider 'more human', as tends to be common.

If you were to hear someone was a considered rapist, regardless of the circumstances (statutory, violent, coercive) you would consider them less human than someone you have heard to be called a drug dealer, regardless of the circumstances (willing, coercive, violent).

That very attitude directly causes what you despise, and you possess it yourself.

Instead, of course, considering everyone equally human and equally worthy of attempts at reform during appropriate restraining separation from society to prevent damage.

Edit: Not to mention the amount of other violent (or otherwise) crimes promoted by the effects of drugs, including rape and molestation.

Shingro

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anidan View Post
I think the only guy i've ever seen get perma-banned that didn't deserve it was the one guy yesterday i think that got banned while he was away for 6 months, unable to play League, apparently.

As for most other, it's kinda my opinion that if they're going to act like major ******s, and then earn the promotion to General ****** by lying about their actions in game, it's kinda deserved.
Just so you know, a red came in to pull that guy's record and it turns out he was shockingly toxic through his whole career, up to 45 reported games in a month, with upwards of 6+ reports per game. all that before his supposed trip (which he had no evidence from) he eventually resorted to insulting the red who spent his Sunday pulling up the guy's account for hours to see if he deserved a ban removal.

and that, is why people tend towards the savage when it comes to permabanned guys, to get to that level you usually have to really dwell in a horrible level of toxicity to even find yourself on the permaban radar. Guys who get permabanned have to get tribunaled what, 8 times to hit that level?

If you were introduced to your daughter/sister's new boyfriend and the first thing you learned about him was he had 9 convictions on his record, how do you see them?

on top of all that they're often seen in posts where they're lying to rile the community up against riot, it's sickening behavior from some of our worst. One day they will be genuine... but I haven't seen that happen yet

Von Nicklesnout

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I totally agree with the OP that we should be careful not to display the same behaviors that permabanned players have behind them.

It's important for the community at large to not be tolerant of extremely toxic and negative behavior, but display your lack of tolerance with kindness and respect. We all need to work together to create a shared culture that values mutual respect and good sportsmanship.

That being said - it's important to also be firm with the permabanned folks and let them know that if they can't treat others with respect, and behave in a sportsmanlike fashion then they should find other communities.
As much as i'd love to try and improve for you, Pendragon. It's hard being banned until 2286.

Super Explosion

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Beard of Cats View Post
As much as i'd love to try and improve for you, Pendragon. It's hard being banned until 2286.
The question being:

Why didn't you improve after one of the many warnings and shorter bans you received before the permaban?

Von Nicklesnout

11-12-2012

Quote:
The question being:

Why didn't you improve after one of the many warnings and shorter bans you received before the permaban?
Caustic community receives caustic reactions. All I gotta say on the matter since i'm really not in the mood to talk to people who'll treat me like trash anyway.

Super Explosion

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Beard of Cats View Post
Caustic community receives caustic reactions. All I gotta say on the matter since i'm really not in the mood to talk to people who'll treat me like trash anyway.
You know, that if you decided to be less caustic in your reactions, you personally could have broken the cycle of violence, and made the community a slightly better place.

Von Nicklesnout

11-12-2012

Quote:
You know, that if you decided to be less caustic in your reactions, you personally could have broken the cycle of violence, and made the community a slightly better place.
Well sorry that I suffer from the human condition and that I probably got a deserved permanent ban, but i'm really not expecting any leniency from Pendragon or Lyte on the matter any who.

Since Riot already got the $100 I decided to spend on RP for doing a good job on Bioforge Darius and some stuff like the recent tournament (Hooray lapse in economic spending judgment and stupid entitlement).

That and it's hard to ignore people who go out of their way to piss you off, especially since you can *gasp* be reported for ignoring them and not communicating with the asinine masses. But feel free to mock me for being banned for another 100+ years, i'm sure it'll make you feel better.

Thiek

11-12-2012

theyre reaping what they sowed.

the did it in game, now the get it here.