Why is it acceptable to treat banned people like trash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilentSounds

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I totally agree with the OP that we should be careful not to display the same behaviors that permabanned players have behind them.

It's important for the community at large to not be tolerant of extremely toxic and negative behavior, but display your lack of tolerance with kindness and respect. We all need to work together to create a shared culture that values mutual respect and good sportsmanship.

That being said - it's important to also be firm with the permabanned folks and let them know that if they can't treat others with respect, and behave in a sportsmanlike fashion then they should find other communities.

I really hate to see tribunal cases rubbing off on players. Toxic players breed more toxic players.

Wild Panic

11-12-2012

It's probably Karma.

Rockitblackguy

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSounds View Post
I really hate to see tribunal cases rubbing off on players. Toxic players breed more toxic players.
I don't think that's most often the case, I think it's just a case of people with a modicum of self control in games that don't give a **** if they don't think they'll get called on it.

You know, the kind of guy screaming at his monitor and swearing but not typing...that guy.

oblivionist95

11-12-2012

I think PermaBan isn't really effective at really eliminating negative behaviors because what do people do? Make a new account and Harass some more. Riot should come up with a way to ACTUALLY IMPROVE the player's behavior rather than superficially hiding it.. Another solution: ban the IP address rather than the account.

Spiderbubble

11-12-2012

If they got banned, they must really be doing something wrong. They must really be jerks to other players if they got banned (especially perma-banned). Having them come on the forums and lie about the reason for the ban is icing on the cake.

Treating jerks badly? I'm pretty sure it's karma.

Zetasphere

11-12-2012

I call people idiots and morons and ******bags when they are. The overwhelming majority of "I've been banned qq" threads involved the banned individuals being idiots, morons and ******bags. Were they to come on the forums and say "I've been banned and it was totally justified and I'll do my best to be a better person when I return" then you have my wary respect.

RoyalSequence

11-12-2012

Quote:
I totally agree with the OP that we should be careful not to display the same behaviors that permabanned players have behind them.

It's important for the community at large to not be tolerant of extremely toxic and negative behavior, but display your lack of tolerance with kindness and respect. We all need to work together to create a shared culture that values mutual respect and good sportsmanship.

That being said - it's important to also be firm with the permabanned folks and let them know that if they can't treat others with respect, and behave in a sportsmanlike fashion then they should find other communities.
I could not possibly upvote this or agree more.

ThisSpaceForRent

11-12-2012

once you all get your first week ban for nothing, you will all know what it feels like.

Mxie

11-12-2012

Quote:

This. Just because someone was a **** doesn't mean we should be a **** right back at them. Best to just be firm but even with jerks.

ShadowRumia

11-12-2012

Quote:

it wasnt until this year i got my first ban. I have to say Riots handling of trolls feeders afkers and other provokers is very lax and they punish the ones upset with it not the cause WAAAAY too much. Real life is hard enough for those who actually work (or in my case trying to find work for 3 years) that when we come here to unwind and have to deal with the very people we are trying to escape from it gets frustrating.

and sadly only the in game dialog and score is listed on tribunal too. not a video to watch the game. it is to the point i play once a week instead of once a day. based on how the community is going I might join my freinds in playing once a month if that. If riot wont deal with the people causing trouble and make a system to get rid of them then yeah I will play when i feel like it and the heck with even bothering with paying for anything anymore.

basicly Riot....clean your house and stop permabanning those who are tired of dealing with trash you wont get rid of because they do things only a video will prove they did and punshing those of us who get the fallout of your mistakes