Why is it acceptable to treat banned people like trash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levigasm

Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
Because that spitting surely doesn't happen in prison...haha.

Technically, there a difference between verbal and physical aggression, but whatever.
The ban is their sentence according of law, correct.
In terms of integration in a society, it's way worse. Try finding a job when your resume says you've molested a child or killed a family or two. Try looking into people's eyes when they know about what you did. Try to tell them that you should be treated like anyone else because "you've served your time". The only way you MAY be able to get people's respect back is by working hard for it and be an example for everyone else, and even so it's usually too late.
When one gets banned by the tribunal, he "serves his time" so that other people don't have to deal with him again (and to set an example, so that other people don't act like he did). Once he's "released", or when he dares coming on the forum - no matter what the reason is -, he still hasn't earned any respect and will be treated like ****, because he's no longer a worthy member (just like you can lose your citizenship for some crimes).
So getting banned on the tribunal is the same as molesting a child? LOL YOU TRIBUNAL FANBOIS


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nasdrovia499

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipttt View Post
But meanwhile, being a bunch of *******s when they want to have civilized discussions is the way to go!
A guy who tells people to die in various horrible ways, have sexual intercourse with families and pets or simply wastes countless hours of gameplay for many people...doesn't deserve any civilized discussion anyway. They'll get one if we decide to be nice to them, but we are in no way obligated to. Want people to be nice to you and have "civilized discussions" ? Maybe you shouldn't have told them to get aids and cancer in the first place.


edit : retarded post above, just as expected. No, it's not the same level of offense of course, but the analogy stands. If you're being a dlck, you cant ask or expect any form of respect in return. Something tells me you're one of these trashes the tribunal is trying to get rid off, btw...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krimson62

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
Of course he's a troll, who cares if I "feed the troll". Whether he was sincere or not, it's a perfect example of the average permabanned player, there are countless identical threads (tho they get closed quickly, obviously).
The point still stands, this kind of guy isn't worth any time, respect or constructive answers/feedback, and I absolutely don't feel bad for insulting the likes of him. Being nice to everyone is a sweet idea, but in practice it doesn't work too well, some people just won't change.
While i generally agree with the whole not caring what other people think stuff, it's more to point out the hypocrisy that is rampant in the LoL community.

People will coddle with one hand, and smear manure with the other. It's something that has annoyed me for a while.

If you want people to treat each other well it should start from the bottom up.

This community could be alot better.

We shouldn't just treat nice people well. We should treat everyone the same.

Stupid people can be made to look stupid without calling them something derogatory


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenshinmon

Member

11-12-2012

The defense I see alot of people in this thread using is that there are liers-
The thing is that I see people who blatantly admit that they were banned and accept the fact that what they did was wrong get the same treatment- stop using excuses. You're taking out your anger from the games you've lost due to the toxic player base onto this toxic player base.

And no, that is NOT okay. That's like saying murdering the murderer is okay. Watch Death Note. It's not okay.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krimson62

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
Because that spitting surely doesn't happen in prison...haha.

Technically, there a difference between verbal and physical aggression, but whatever.
The ban is their sentence according of law, correct.
In terms of integration in a society, it's way worse. Try finding a job when your resume says you've molested a child or killed a family or two. Try looking into people's eyes when they know about what you did. Try to tell them that you should be treated like anyone else because "you've served your time". The only way you MAY be able to get people's respect back is by working hard for it and be an example for everyone else, and even so it's usually too late.
When one gets banned by the tribunal, he "serves his time" so that other people don't have to deal with him again (and to set an example, so that other people don't act like he did). Once he's "released", or when he dares coming on the forum - no matter what the reason is -, he still hasn't earned any respect and will be treated like ****, because he's no longer a worthy member (just like you can lose your citizenship for some crimes).
If you go into jail and antagonize inmates it's no different.

I have a friend, 5 or 6 years ago she fell on very hard times and couldnt afford food. and got arrested for stealing from a supermarket. a few months later she's out, and sure she had some trouble getting back integrated with a good job and whatnot. but she doesn't deserve to be treated like trash just because she was arrested.

She is indeed a worthy member of society as are most people who have served their time.

One of the stats do say most people punished by the tribunal never go back to it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcrobaticApricot

Senior Member

11-12-2012

I'm not perfect either but considering how retardedly lenient the Tribunal is it bothers the **** out of me when someone is so awful that they actually get punished and then they have the balls to come on the forums and cry about how they didn't deserve it because they spent $100 dollars on RP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levigasm

Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
A guy who tells people to die in various horrible ways, have sexual intercourse with families and pets or simply wastes countless hours of gameplay for many people...doesn't deserve any civilized discussion anyway. They'll get one if we decide to be nice to them, but we are in no way obligated to. Want people to be nice to you and have "civilized discussions" ? Maybe you shouldn't have told them to get aids and cancer in the first place.


edit : retarded post above, just as expected. No, it's not the same level of offense of course, but the analogy stands. If you're being a dlck, you cant ask or expect any form of respect in return. Something tells me you're one of these trashes the tribunal is trying to get rid off, btw...
So im trash because i disagree with your opinion? OKAYYYY Go whack off to more tribunal cases<3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krimson62

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrobaticApricot View Post
I'm not perfect either but considering how retardedly lenient the Tribunal is it bothers the **** out of me when someone is so awful that they actually get punished and then they have the balls to come on the forums and cry about how they didn't deserve it because they spent $100 dollars on RP.

That response is only natural, and not really the problem.

The problem would be if you went on his post saying something akin to....
"trying to bribe riot with your ******* money and ***** loser *** attitude because you're a **** gobbling mother ******"

Responses like my example are just as toxic as the people who got banned (and sadly do happen, quite a bit)

To be annoyed by people who feel entitled, or better than others is only natural


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tipttt

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
A guy who tells people to die in various horrible ways, have sexual intercourse with families and pets or simply wastes countless hours of gameplay for many people...doesn't deserve any civilized discussion anyway. They'll get one if we decide to be nice to them, but we are in no way obligated to. Want people to be nice to you and have "civilized discussions" ? Maybe you shouldn't have told them to get aids and cancer in the first place.


edit : retarded post above, just as expected. No, it's not the same level of offense of course, but the analogy stands. If you're being a dlck, you cant ask or expect any form of respect in return. Something tells me you're one of these trashes the tribunal is trying to get rid off, btw...

Insulting people is never a solution no matter what.

So what if they're the worst ******bags on the north american server?

Insulting them won't help. Trying to help them might work, but ignoring them is usually the best alternative.

When asked why people insult banned people, those who do it might say "well Ihave a reason," just like people who get banned will say "well I had a reason to be a dick."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Backsider

Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybaulticus View Post
I remember seeing a player perma-banned for being a racist monster in all of his games.


Then he came on the forums and lied flat-out that he was banned because he said "God bless" every match.


It's hard to treat people with respect when they treat others like trash, then lie about it extensively to not deal with the consequences.
[cliche mode on] So what makes you different from them? One error does not justify another. Two wrongs don't make one right. [input proverb or catch-phrase]. [chiche mode off]

Well sometimes it is hard to keep your head cool when someone is a scumbag. But that doesn't mean you hav the right(or should) to do the same.